Autoline After Hours interview for Trevor Milton

Discussion in 'Nikola' started by bwilson4web, Jun 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

The program:
    Auto News Trevor Milton, Nikola; Gary Vasilash, autobeatonline.com; John McElroy, Autoline.tv LIVE June 11@ 3:00 PM EST

I sent this to Autoline.TV:

Hi,

I understand California has ~40 hydrogen fuel stations:

1) Can the Nikola Class 8 trucks use them or are there operational limits like no attached trailers?
    2) Can non-Nikola hydrogen fuel cell cars use the planned Nikola hydrogen stations?
    3) What is the expected cost/ton-mile of Nikola Class 8 trucks compared to diesel?
    4) What are the expected 'fuel tax' rates for hydrogen vs diesel?

BACKGROUND

Hydrogen costs per mile in California appear to be 2-3 times more expensive than EV costs per mile and closer to gasoline costs. Also, it seems to cost ~$2 m per hydrogen fuel station and many are capacity limited. I share Elon Musk's opinion that hydrogen fuel cells don't make a lot of economic sense.

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

ps. I've watched more than a few, recent, Trevor Milton interviews. He shares the enthusiasm of Elon Musk but Trevor's engineering skills seem too thin for me. I'm content to let "reality training" decide. My only surprise is the SHORT sellers haven't jumped on his stock.

Bob Wilson

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Well they tip-toed around my questions but I was less worried than what Trevor said:
    • “2-4 cents per kWh” for electrolyzing water
    • Extreme outsourcing
    Nothing in his presentation inspired a change in my opinion of NKLA.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  4. Here is the episode:

bwilson4web likes this.