App for checking charging status/preheating/etc

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Jay47, May 11, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jay47

Jay47 New Member

I've read that there is an app for checking and managing the Niro EV remotely. You can check charging status, initiate preheating, and other functions. I haven't been able to find anything about this in the owners manual. Does anyone know about this, and where I might get more info on it. Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TandM

TandM Active Member

Are you in North America? The Kia dealership had us download Kia Access with UVO link (we use Android but I would think it is the same for Apple).

Domenick likes this.
  4. Jay47

Jay47 New Member

Yes, we are in the US. I'll talk to them about Kia Access and UVO link. Does the Kia Access allow you to do what I've asked above? Thanks.

5. TandM

TandM Active Member

Yes, Kia Access with UVO link does those things.

6. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

Screenshot_20190512-083930.jpg Screenshot_20190512-083939.jpg

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. wizziwig

wizziwig Active Member

Looks like the "eServices" app is for Canada and "Kia Access" is for USA? I see they also have some legacy "UVO Eco" app that has not been updated in many years.

Do any functions of these apps still work after the free trial UVO subscription is over?

9. TandM

TandM Active Member

Probably not because our app has an end dated on it.

10. Jay47

Jay47 New Member

I attemped to interface the UVO Eco app w/ my niro EV yesterday, and was unsuccessful. I called the tech support number and was told that the UVO Eco app has been replaced with 'UVO Access' app. The tech person helped me delete UVO Eco and install UVO Access then interface that with the car. Took about half an hour, but got it installed. It displays battery level, charge info, and climate. They are also putting a charger location map on the app. I launched the map, but it did not display charger locations. Was told they had just crossed over to UVO access yesterday, so everything may not be completely operational. They will forward the charger location question on the their tech development group. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it looks like a good way to communicate with the car remotely.