Anyone thinking of painting the grill?

Discussion in 'F-150 Lightning' started by Texas Niro EV, Jun 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Texas Niro EV

Texas Niro EV Active Member

I had two Ford Focus Electrics and I was always thinking about painting the fake grills to make the cars more distinctive as electric vehicles. One of the things I didn’t like about my 2018 Nissan Leaf was that Nissan had blacked the fake grill to make it look more like an ICE car. I appreciate that my 2019 Niro EV has a color coordination fake grill.

Chevrolet finally got the message that EV owners want their cars to be distinctive and started color coordinating the grills of the Bolt EV and EUV. Now that I have a reservation for a F150 Lightning I’m already thinking about getting the grill painted. I understand that Ford wants the looks of the F150 Lightning to be less disruptive to potential ICE vehicle buyers but I wish Ford had offered a color coordinated grill for those people that want their F150 Lightning to look more like an EV.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

I'd be willing to bet a lot of people will want to add their own personal touch to their vehicles. I know I'll likely add something as I've never left any vehicle I've ever owned stock.

On this very subject I've modified the grille on my current truck twice over the last 8 years. I'll have to wait and see how I like the look up close before I decide what if anything will be done. The only thing I know for a fact will be done, and as soon as I get it. Have the windows tinted. I do that with all vehicles as it helps keep interior temps lower in the summer and helps maintain interior material integrity from the effects of the sun.

sabasc likes this.
  4. app's321

app's321 Member

the white light bar across the front has got to get smokey is my wish. Hate the white