Any experience with "Go Cable" from Quickchargepower?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ozy, Jan 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ozy

ozy Active Member

I saw this evse advertised elsewhere as a "tri-voltage" solution for L2 and L1 charging. It's a level 2 16amp charger. It's on sale for $200 but looks suspiciously like a Duosida which costs about the same on Amazon. Duosida is selling with an adapter for 120V outlets included free of charge (I don't think the quickcharge item is doing the same). Not sure if this is the same product or if there are any pros and cons to either.

edit: Just noticed that Zencar looks similar to both of these. I'm getting the impression that perhaps they're all the same product?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I have Zencar. Still waiting for time to get 240v line run; however, ZenCar charger on 120v charges from 0 in about 8.5 hours. Honda one takes 12.5 hours. Same 20-amp circuit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

4. ozy

ozy Active Member

Thanks David,
    I've checked into the various options and have decided to go with Amazing e's 16 amp charger. I'm sure it's identical to the others but I have more confidence because it's made in the U.S and uses Clipper Creek electronics. When it comes to electrical equipment that makes me less nervous.

5. Claritydfw

Claritydfw Member

Ozy,

Are you planning on running an adapter to use on 120 or keeping it at 240?

6. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Yes, mostly all the same being resold by different "brands"

https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/sorry-another-level-2-electrical-charger-question.2619/page-2#post-24749

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ozy

ozy Active Member

I don't think that you can use the amazing e charger on 120V. It is a pure level 2 240V charger from what I can tell. I already have the level 1 120V OEM charger that came with the car so I didn't really need 120V.