2nd nail in one of my tires in 6 months.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Jan 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Noticed a slow leak once again in one of my tires (this time front left). Once I checked the tire, I found yet another object in one of my tires. A 2.5 inch nail was stuck in my tire, luckily in the middle of the tread. I do have a tire repair kit and a compressor at home, so I removed the nail and patched it with one of those patch strips and filled it back up.. Happens way too often around here.. 2 - 3 months ago, I had a 1 inch screw in one of my rear tires..

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Did you use one of those plug kits with the T-handle tool that you stab through
    the tread and pull out?

_H*

4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Yes, both of the tools I use have the T-handle.. The first one to prep the hole with a round file like tool and the 2nd tool to insert the patch. I have fixed so many tires in my life that it only takes me about 15 minutes to get it done.. Jack up the car, pull out the nail, clean out the hole and then insert the patch and fill the tire back up..
    Inserting the patch is the only difficult part as it does require some force to push it in.. I use the file like tool to clean out the hole really good and make it big enough for the patch to go in.