2020 Niro Map/Software Update

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Robert Besen, Mar 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert Besen

Robert Besen Member

I updated the software in my 2020 Niro EX Premium (with the 10.25 inch display) the other day and just got around to driving the car today. The home screen no longer shows three widgets, and there was no warning from Kia that updating the software would remove this useful feature. The menu choice to edit the widgets is gone; you can only edit the icons on the icon pages that you get by swiping left. Keep this in mind if you are thinking about updating. Of course, if you want the latest map data you have no choice but to do the update. Please note that this only applies to the 10.25 inch display.

I hope Kia rethinks this, I'm pretty disappointed.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. StuartE

StuartE New Member

I spent an afternoon getting that complicated sound system configured just the way I liked it, then I did the update. All the settings disappeared and the three panels went to two - as yours did. I called Kia to complain. I got the feeling I'm not the only one. Let's hope the media system product managers do a better job of speaking to their customers before their next release. :-(

4. Robert Besen

Robert Besen Member

I filled out a customer service form complaining about it, and they replied with a link to the software download page. Not real helpful.

5. StuartE

StuartE New Member

I don't know if this'll make you feel any better, but here's my interaction with them after the update and learning about the disconnect between my UVO profile and the car. There are some tel numbers here you might try, if you're really keen. Note that I never did receive the promised call back.
    Jan 11th, 2021 - FB referred me to the customer experience team at: 1-877-542-2886
    Jan 11th, 2021 - Kia customer experience team referred me to MnSOFT at for info on the Nav system update at: 1888-757-0010
    Jan 11th, 2021 - MnSOFT referred me to Kia customer care at 1-800-333-4542 to 1) register my request that the display be available in the original format and 2) link my UVO account to my profile setting in the car.
    Jan 11th, 2021 - I called Kia customer care at 1-800-333-4542 and I was told they only deal with US cars and owners. I was referred to Kia Canada customer experience 877-542-2886.
    Jan 11th, 2021 - I called Kia Canada customer experience at 877-542-2886 (for a second time). I spoke to Jennie (phone option 2) and she logged into my UVO account and could see that my profile was not updated (see screen capture). She said her supervisor said my profile got deleted and they are going to look into this and call back later today. She said he’s not familiar with the linking aspect of the profile to the UVO account. She transferred the call to the Nav system support (phone option 5) and the clerk said there is no way to upload a different profile picture, nor upload a different ambient soundtrack. He said he’d forward these suggestions to the Product Planning group at MnSOFT.​

6. Robert Besen

Robert Besen Member

Ugh, I can't wait to get on the phone with them. Thanks for posting all of the numbers; I'm in the US so I'll start with the customer care number.

7. To remove this ad click here.