2018 Volt

Discussion in 'Volt' started by Tlight, Aug 5, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tlight

Tlight New Member

Curious if others are having the same experience I have had with my 2018 Volt. I had a 240 Volt 50 amp line installed in my garage and charge my Volt from that source. I have been totally amazed with the amount of miles I am getting with an overnight charge. During the summer months I get 71 to 73 miles consistently. Winter mileage drops to 48 to 50 per charge. As a result I do not have to charge more often than every three days. My total gas consumption for 2020 is 32.3 gallons over 4,923 miles of driving. Our local power company has a special program for EV's. Off peak rate is .0340030 per kwh and .3437530 per kwh for peak periods. When I first got the Volt I was skeptical but now I am a dyed in the wool EV enthusiast.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Where do you live that you have these kinds of rates?

For us it is a fixed 11 cents/kWh, day or night.

4. Tlight

Tlight New Member

I reside in Layton, Utah. The power company has really been pushing for EV's. They removed the meter that was installed at the house and replaced it with one that records use by rate period. The rates apply to total power use in the home. Peak rates apply 8 am to 3 pm. All other periods are off peak. Weekends are totally off peak.