1360 HP NIO Ep9 World's fastest electric road car

Discussion in 'General' started by TeslaInvestors, Sep 22, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TeslaInvestors

TeslaInvestors Active Member

Looks like a killer.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

[​IMG]
    Yet a regular patrol car ...

Bob Wilson

4. I don't know if it's faster, but I think I'd prefer a Rimac. This is pretty much a full on race car. The Concept_1 and C_Two are more GT oriented.
    I am bullish on NIO generally, though.

5. TeslaInvestors

TeslaInvestors Active Member

Yeah, it seems that NIO EP9 video is from last year. But this year, Rimac showed off a new model in Geneva in March with 1910 HP and 0-60 mph in 1.85s. It's possible EP9 is already dethroned as the fastest electric car.

concept2.JPG
    Don't know how many these are selling or their selling prices. If you have any info, do post it here!
    These look like competitors to Koenigsegg, and are just toys for the super wealthy billionaire types.
    These are quite popular in the middle east.

6. I believe the NIO footage above is from this year. Certainly, it was there at the last Goodwood Festival of Speed.

The new Rimac C_Two is supposedly very quick in a straight line, but until they show some results from a track appearance, we can't say it's actually faster than the NIO EP9.

Regarding sales, the announced 150-unit production of the C_Two is sold out with an ASP of about $2.7 million. Deliveries are expected to begin in 2020.

Production of the NIO EP9 is also sold out, though the number of units is quite small.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

9. bwilson4web likes this.