100% Charge

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by O'Dell, Jul 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. It had been seven or eight weeks since I programed a Full charge, so I decided to balance the cells in the battery last night. I had been charging to 80% to help the battery and averaging in the mid 320's for range. I knew it should go about 400 miles with a full charge and here's what I got.

This is my daily driver so nearly all the driving is on suburban streets with 35 to 45 MPH limits, and that about what I do.
    IMG_20210718_030114898.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kia Guy

Kia Guy Active Member

Pretty amazing.

For me, I do 80% highway driving. If I do a roadtrip, given the mountainous terrain, I'm lucky if I get 320KM on a full charge.

EDIT: Caveat, I drive around 140km/h going uphill (as-in... approx 7,000ft elevation change)

4. jeff_h

jeff_h Member

Haven't you had that car for almost a year, and only 3,800 miles? I think you used to put more miles on the Volt, didn't you?

5. I had the Volt for three years and was still in the process of shutting down my office for three or four months. So, I did drive the Volt more in the beginning. It still only had 10K when I got the KIA. I live in a small community outside of Atlanta, and really don't have to go far for necessities.

If I take longer trips, I usually drive the Jaguar. I've had it since November and it has 7K already. I don't drive my DD much as you noted.

6. We've yet to crack 300, I think ours reached 294mi last full charge. We're under 1500 miles.

ENirogus likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I have the advantage of seventeen years driving driving two Priuses, and a Ford C-Max and Volt Plug-in before buying the Nero EV. Although the Volt only had an EV range of 85 miles, I only used the ICE once in three years when I had to drive 200 miles to visit a friend in the hospital. Plus, I now have over a year's experience with the Nero. Of course I had to charge the Volt every day or two where I can drive the Nero two or three weeks w/o charging.

9. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Charged to 100% for a short trip this weekend

(reflects mostly in town driving lately)[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

10. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

I have not seen such wonderful numbers, I think I started at around 290 miles when new, but I will say I have been doing a lot of highway, and by keeping the cruise set to 65 or so I am seeing 270+mile highway projections[I did 130 miles yesterday and show 145 left, ]
    What this means for me is I could easily hit NYC from my house, which would have been a stretch at the 'EPA' number. As long as I keep my foot out of it. Since I rarely would make such a trip without stopping, I would get a quick bump 30 miles outside of the city or so, which is very different from having to.
    This fall I will be doing more side road travel, and anticipate a little better efficiency/range