Still Happy with Crimson Pearl Color?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by EV4Me, May 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

If you have the Clarity in Crimson Pearl, I would like to know if you are still happy with the color......I know it will show dirt and maybe swirls from cleaning, so just wondering if you would choose a different color if you had a choice now.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

We have a 2018 Crimson Pearl Clarity.

Our previous car was a light blue Accord. The Crimson Pearl definitely shows the dirt more than the Accord.
    I can't speak to swirls from cleaning because sadly, we are pretty negligent in that regard!
    We do still love the color though, and would probably choose it again.

We considered the "Moonlit Forest" but when we saw it in person, it didn't look as green as in some of the pictures (seemed almost black).

4. Danks

Danks Active Member

We have the Crimson Pearl and still like it. Yes, it shows dirt, but I'm not sure it is worse than any other car. I would still pick it over the other color choices available.

5. Mine has so many scratches I can't believe it. Always hand washed, but... Posters may remember that I am collecting all the necessary items to properly clean, polish, and ceramic coat ours. I am almost there. Still waiting for a few things. Shipping is slow because they are not deemed necessary items.

6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

We have crimson and yes it shows dirt easily. The bigger problem we have is scratches show more than they would if the base coat wasn't light grey. Every scratch shows way too much.

We had way too many white cars in a sequence and decided we wanted a color. The crimson looks nice but after a year I began to think about selling it and getting a white one. We're just going to stick with it though. It's otherwise a great car.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Probably the best color ever on one of our cars was Platinum Iris on the 1995 Maxima. Very difficult to see the iris as it was very subtle, but what beautiful color.

Or paint the Clarity this:

purple i want on my next car.png

9. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

Thank you for the responses, I was more concerned about lights scratches (swirls etc) showing more than they would on the White, which is what I have atm.
    I guess that is an issue then with Crimson Pearl in which case would a professionally done Ceramic finish ( Cilajet etc) help with the dirt and scratches showing issue?
    I really like my white one but find it looks boring, having had white before in which case I need to figure out how to make it look more exciting.

10. Ceramic should help. that's why I've been collecting all the needed goodies to do it. It provides a "shell" over the paint so it doesn't get touched by anything. So no scratches once it's applied. For how long depends on the applied ceramic coating. There are different grades.

11. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I came to my Titanium White Pearl Clarity from a White VW Golf. It was white - just white. The TWP, on the other hand, is sparkly and rich and looks marvelous in sunlight - I get more compliments on the car for its color (and its headlights) than I've ever before received for a vehicle I've owned. That said, I think Clarity looks best in black.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. 228ra

228ra Member

I have this color and don’t like the fact that it shows scratches so easily. Would probably go with white if I had to do it all over again.

14. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

Still loving my Crimson Pearl.

15. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

Thanx for the replies, I personally hate the sight of light scratches showing from previos experiences so I will stick to the Platinum White Pearl as I do want the Beige Interior.

16. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

I have a 2018 Crimson Pearl too, just about 2 years on the road. My Clarity has a variety of battle scars (such as light scratches from car washes, door dings and other assorted small parking lot dents, key scoring from parking lot idiots), but continue to like the color a lot. I would pick it again for this car, but we do like to change up and have also had other cars with white, dark blue, and brown, but almost always go for a color that pairs with the Beige Interior. I'll try the ceramic on the next one to see how it works out....

17. Both the Crimson Pearl and our Moonlit Forest Pearl (which we got) are a bit too understated for my tastes. But that may be due to my red/green color deficiency more than anything else. I can see red and green, but clearly not as vibrantly as people with normal color vision. As such, I tend to like my colors a lot brighter.

But my main disappointment is that the paint seems awfully soft and prone to scratches and blemishes. We also have a 2005 "Galapagos Green" Honda Element and its paint has fared quite well over 15 years of ownership. From the condition of the paint on our Clarity after less than 2 years, it does not bode well for long term durability.

18. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I wonder if "soft" paint has something to do with the type of paint needed for the aluminum body panels? I mean, aren't aluminum-bodied Teslas also prone to paint issues?

228ra likes this.