I saw you (Kona Electric spotting)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by nigels, Feb 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. nigels

nigels Active Member

Acton seems to be the center of the Kona EV universe. I’ll be there this morning, ha!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. niro525

niro525 Member

I saw a gray Kona CCS charging in my local big city. First one I've seen in the wild.

4. Ev050

Ev050 New Member

Adjustments.JPG

Another Kona EV in the Mass!
    Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

ehatch and nigels like this.
  5. nigels

nigels Active Member

Welcome @Evo50 - you have my doppelgänger :)

Ev050 likes this.
  6. Hahn

Hahn New Member

What a minute, let me go check in my garage, that looks like mine! . . . Nope, good thing, that's around 3K miles from Phoenix :)

ehatch and Ev050 like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Yesterday was a banner day for Kona EV sightings. I saw five on my 50km commute home between Victoria and the Cowichan Valley. Two white, one grey, one red and one blue.

I also parked beside a grey one at the grocery store yesterday.

Ev050, nigels and ehatch like this.
  9. nigels

nigels Active Member

I saw you: a galactic gray Kona EV in Lowell, MA this afternoon. I flashed my lights. Looking good!

10. I saw you: yesterday in Duncan, on Beverly street. You pulled out in front of me and I noticed your Van Isle sticker near your license plate. Our two car ceramic blue caravan was short lived as we parted ways at the traffic circle at Lakes road.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

synergism, Domenick and nigels like this.
  11. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

I saw you behind me.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Nice to meet you!

14. I saw a lovely white one in an “accessible parking” spot in the interstate Kaiser parking lot this morning. Made my day!! Only the second Kona EV I’ve seen in this area. All the rest are ICE. (Internal combustion engine)

15. Soona

Soona Member

I saw you parked next door!

IMG_8714.jpg

nigels likes this.
  16. nigels

nigels Active Member

It’s been a while since I saw another Kona EV in my area, but I saw another Ceramic Blue in Concord, MA today parked outside the Concord Bookstore. It’s the first one I’ve seen that’s the same color as mine. It made me do a double take! Nice car

EVDog likes this.
  17. nigels

nigels Active Member

I saw you yesterday around 11:30am in Concord, MA: a Pulse Red Kona EV. It's the first red one I've seen in the metal - looked great!

18. Last Sunday I saw you in the Pulse Red Kona, and the other guy in the ceramic blue Kona parked in my little grocery store parking lot in Mill Bay BC.

Then on Thursday I saw you, ceramic blue twin driving up the Malahat as I commuted to work in the morning, and another grey one as I commuted home.

Also, hello to my new white Kona neighbour in Cowichan Bay. I saw you last week!

nigels and electriceddy like this.
  19. I will have to go there ...so I can be seen too :)

mho, Kathryne and nigels like this.
  20. HudsonKona

HudsonKona Member

I live near poughkeepsie just north of nyc and have seen only 2 other kona EVs besides my black one...

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

21. Kona WC

Kona WC New Member

I live in the East Bay area of Northern California. On August 6 I saw a black Kona EV in the parking lot of a fast food place; still had the temporary paper plates. Scarce even in this area. Can spot Teslas all day long!

22. Triple play this afternoon
    Gray Kona Electric - southbound on Old Island Hwy, south of Bowser
    White Kona Electric - northbound on the same hwy, south of Qualicum beach
    Blue Kona Electric - westbound on Dufferin Cres, by the hospital
    Didn't want to leave any one out:)

23. Coming back home from Cape Cod this past Sunday, I spotted an Ioniq EV on the highway. First one I've seen in the wild.