Shell acquired Greenlots..

Discussion in 'General' started by FloridaSun, Feb 15, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

That was over a year ago. They have turned off some of the DCFC stations:

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/why-greenlots-turning-their-dcfc-systems

Allegedly because the older DCFC used 3G for communications, and instead of upgrading, they just shut them down.

Brightfield-operated Signet fast chargers across NC are currently not operational. These older stations' communication systems run on 3G, which is phasing out nationally. Greenlots, the stations' network service provider, has decided to disable communications at all Signet chargers instead of upgrading the stations to 4G. As a result, Brightfield cannot communicate with, process payments at or operate the stations. WE ARE WORKING ON A SOLUTION. Brightfield is partnering with QwikCharge out of Atlanta, GA, to take over the operation and maintenance of the Signet chargers. QwikCharge is a premier EV charger service and maintenance company. They will upgrade the stations and provide the long-term service required. We expect to finalize our transaction with QuickCharge in January and have these stations back up and running by February. We at Brightfield are EV drivers too. We know the importance of these chargers and are frustrated by this situation. We apologize for the inconvenience.​

4. FloridaSun

My bad... didn't see the date on the article.

5. In BC here, Greenlots is used to start the BC Hydro chargers.

6. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

I believe Greenlots is also integrated into Electrify America.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. FloridaSun

I thought that it was integrated into Chargepoint..