Getting Ready to List My 2018 Clarity Plug-In for Sale

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Max_P, Feb 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Max_P

Max_P New Member

I am getting ready to list my 2018 Clarity Plug-In Base in White with 8,900 miles on it for sale and wondering:

1. Does listing in Classifieds on the Insideev's forums work well for selling cars or best for accessories etc?
    2. Has anyone have experience with listings in the EVS for sale from this forums header (https://www.myev.com/cars-for-sale)

Will be listing in usual places but figured i'd ask in here since more knowledge of this car. I am close to Los Angeles area if that makes any difference.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Sorry off-topic but why are you selling and what are you replacing it with?

4. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

If your selling a vehicle yourself, give it as much market exposure as possible. For sure list it with “enthusiast” groups like insideevs. Put the full details in the classifieds and then post a note on this forum that it’s there. Post back with its final sale price in the thread on values. That will help us all with resale values. Be open to sales outside CA because you may get a much higher price, but take all the usual precautions about fraud on-line.

Max_P likes this.
  5. Max_P

Max_P New Member

I am moving and do not want to take it with me. I haven't decided on a replacement yet, might even replace it with a newer Clarity Plug-in.

LegoZ likes this.
  6. M. Shah

M. Shah Member

Pegsie and Rangavasu like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Max_P

Max_P New Member

Thank you for the link to the ad, it will be helpful. Can I ask if it sold through Facebook or another listing and also would you mind telling what you sold it for. Thank you.

9. Electra

Electra Active Member

Since you live in CA, did you apply for the Clean Vehicle Rebate? If so, you may have to give that rebate back if you don't keep the car for 30 months.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligibility-guidelines

10. M. Shah

M. Shah Member

I sold it on cars.com for my asking price. However in midwest we don't have half the incentives you do in CA so ymmv

Max_P likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member