Station not provisioned on Chargepoint.

Discussion in 'General' started by FloridaSun, Feb 8, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I'm charging at a fairly new Chargepoint EVSE in Orlando.. The station works fine but doesn't show on the chargepoint app..
    The screen shows the following (see below). Looks like the owner has to register the station or otherwise it will stop working? Am I understanding this correctly?

20200208_210559.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TheMagster

TheMagster Member

It might be a station for employees or customers. So not technically for public use, but if it's free they may not stop you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. FloridaSun

Definitely for public use. It's in the middle of a shopping center parking lot..

https://www.plugshare.com/location/224826

5. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

6. FloridaSun

It sure is.. I'm uploading pics of my car whenever I use a charger that I haven't used before.. I'm easy to spot as my Plugshare handle is the same as my forum handle.. BlueKonaEV.
    Car looks so clean in the picture but right now, it's filthy. We had some rain and there's some dirt on the car but it looks clean in the pic.
    My wife was shopping at another shopping center less than 1/2 mile away but the 2 Level 2 EVSE's there were in use, so I went to the other shopping center. 4 J1772 plugs and I was the only one there.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I have seen this at a new installation before. Not positive, but it probably means it may not record your power usage on your account, until it is networked. The machine I saw it on the one time started to charge my car with the RFID card use OK, and I have not seen that message on repeated usages.
    BTW I think ericy was joking about the picture of the car on the EVSE screen itself:)

9. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

No, I meant the pictures that are on plugshare. That is BlueKonaEV's actual car in one of the photos.

10. FloridaSun

The usage was recorded on chargepoint. Even the address showed. However, when trying to look up details, I got a message saying that the station does not exist.. 20200209_201152.jpg Screenshot_20200209-201209_ChargePoint.jpg Screenshot_20200209-201216_ChargePoint.jpg

11. Makes you wonder, how many more "ghost" stations are out there:eek:

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. FloridaSun

I'd guess that most stations will be like that for the first couple of days/weeks.. When I brought my Kona back home, I charged at such ghost station at a Starbucks in Walterboro/South Carolina. It was neither listed on Plugshare nor Chargepoint.
    A few weeks later, it was listed..

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020