Tee Shirts

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tek_Freek, Jan 31, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I am working with a local shop that does digital printing. It is a much higher resolution than silk screen. I went to the shop today and talked over a bunch of options with him. One being a page on his website that will be just for the Clarity shirts.

And the price is reasonable, especially if the resolution is as good as he says. Around $45 shipped anywhere in the U.S. Quantity one. If the number of orders goes up because forum folk are ordering them the price might go down.

I'll get it next week (the guy is delivering it all the way across town!) and will post pictures.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Could you set up a group buy and get the price down if all of us interested parties put the order in together? The more the merrier as far as prices go.

4. That crossed my mind. One of the considerations he had was color. I am getting Crimson Pearl (Thanks Insightman) and Insightman has done the green, which I sent to the shop so it will be available. There are a couple of files Insightman did for shirts that I didn't get. A picture of the rear skirt in white is one. He did do one in Crimson as well and I think I have it.

I watched the owner change colors by using scroll bars (RGB), but he was concerned about getting the colors correct.

It would be nice to have a group buy, but that is something we have to pursue amongst members I think. Perhaps we can incentify Insightman to make one for each color. The incentive being all of us pitching in and buying his shirt.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The only incentive I need is to receive high-res photos. However, I'm sure there are more experienced graphic artists on this forum who can do a better job than me (although they would also want high-res photos).

6. Calling all graphic artists!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

This is great! Count me in too, but frankly $45 for a T-Shirt seems like a LOT of $ to me. Perhaps a workable idea might be to implement an "ordering period" from date x to date y, the aggregate of which could be the basis for setting a price? We might have to wait a little while to get a Clarity T-shirt, but I have "waited" nearly two years already anyway .....

Kailani likes this.
  9. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Count me in if it’s a caricature of a heavily modified Clarity with giant side pipes doing a huge smoky burnout...front wheel drive of course...I’m thinking Ratfink style. Maybe a half mile long fire hose size extension cord glowing red hot trailing behind it...I’d be all over that!

Probably not a lot of Ratfink fans here so here’s a random sample:

https://images.app.goo.gl/j5y4NPVQUWAxpYWq5

Edd and KentuckyKen like this.
  10. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

+1 on @craze1cars idea. Add a lot of thunderbolts and lightning (very, very frightening), wild electrons, and maybe an envious George Jetson eyeing the Clarity. And maybe a passing Clarity waving to a Tesla stuck charging while the Clarity drives past with no range anxiety.
    Yeah, I love this car, even if my EVolveKY EV car group makes me feel like the red headed step child for having a PHEV. I would be up for wearing a wild Clarity t-shirt to the next meeting.

Jennifer B and craze1cars like this.
  11. Oh no! Ratfink! I drew Ratfink on a blaster (another "blast" from the past) when I was a teenager. I was the envy of everyone...

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. The owner and I talked about that. I figure we wait and see if the image quality is as good as hoped then move forward. The hard part here for the group is probably finding everyone that wants one.

A lot of people are uneasy with the $45 price point, but for a high quality image that's a really good price. I was quoted $102 for a silk screen at another store.

I posted this on Facebook and had someone post that they could order on online for $21. Yes you can, but do so and post the shirt image after you get it. I'd love to see the quality. I actually got so much flack on FB that I deleted the post. I refuse to spend half my time defending/explaining what the difference is.

14. insightman

I doubt Big Daddy Roth ever drew a stylized front-wheel drive car. How big would the rear wheels and tires be compared with the fronts? How would Big Daddy Roth stylize the Clarity's rear-fender wheel openings?

Jennifer B likes this.
  15. The rear wheel openings would be extended out from the body to contain huge tires. Still a skirt though.

16. Pooky

Pooky Active Member

I would be up for a shirt with a minimalist design. Think the glow of the squinted headlights and L-shaped daytime running lights inside of a silhouette of the front face. I'll try to come up with a concept image later today in GIMP.

EDIT: Here is a rough idea of what I mean. Obviously someone with more graphic design experience could probably pull it off better than I could in half an hour. :p
    concept.png

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    redrey, Central Penn and Jennifer B like this.
  17. That is cool! Find a shirt color that matches your car color - well close anyway.

My attempt at matching a tee close to my car color.

Black outline 2.jpg

Central Penn likes this.
  18. insightman

This is the even more minimal view I use to herald the Clarity PHEV on one of my websites.

upload_2020-2-1_16-31-46.png

Domenick and Pooky like this.
  19. Pooky

Pooky Active Member

Yes! Something like this would look so cool!

20. Black on tee from Insightman.jpg

redrey likes this.
  21. Pooky

Pooky Active Member

22. Do you think the ladies would wear that, lol.

feldman.jpg

Texas22Step and Pooky like this.
  23. From the Honda website - altered of course.

front corner1.jpg

bill_m and Pooky like this.