Honda hybrid repeats 10 best drivetrain award

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Agzand, Jan 23, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

BeMurda and Mud Killer like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Amazing MPG & range for a hybrid Accord !

Agzand likes this.
  4. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

As to the mpg Accord Hybrid mpg, yes 48 city/47 highway is pretty spectacular. I can get close to that with the Clarity at times, but it takes driving more like sub 60 mph usually to pull it off (non interstate travel). Always have to remember for the Clarity to either check the mileage with calculations from the pump or discount the car's display by 10%. I averaged about 44 mpg on a recent 1225 mile gasoline only stretch (burned 28 gallons of gasoline) driving 70-75 MPH with the car pretty loaded and in rain for about 200 miles with very little climate usage. I was pretty happy with that.

Agzand likes this.
  5. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

Basically it shows you can cut emissions by 40% just by switching from ICE to regular hybrid drive trains. It works for all types of car (SUVs, trucks, etc.), doesn't need any infrastructure, provides better performance, more reliability and more range. I think Honda hybrid, both in hybrid and PHEV form is a winner and has a lot of potential.

Robert_Alabama likes this.
  6. ab13

ab13 Active Member

This is likely to be one of the most reliable drivetrain designs they have. It doesn't use turbo charging or direct injection features or mechanical gear shifting, which may cause long term lower reliability. It's the simplest way to combine electric drive and gas engine.

7. To remove this ad click here.