Clarity Charge Monitor and control

Discussion in 'Honda' started by Manouch Boroumand, Jan 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Manouch Boroumand

Manouch Boroumand New Member

Honda Clarity Electric, 2020
    On a quick search of available features and functions i didn't find how to monitor charging progress, or how to set current draw limits. Are such features available?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Monitor charging progress from the Honda-Link app. I set the current limit using the JuiceBox level 2 charge box.

4. You can't set the draw limits on this car, you can only monitor it through Honda Link app which sometimes work and sometimes it does not work. You can stop charge through the app or start charge. That's pretty much all you can do in regards to the drawing limits. It's lease only so you don't have to worry about the battery life. You can also schedule the time to charge through the app.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Inside EVs mobile app

5. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Correct the car does not have a control to set the charge current limit. With the JuiceBox I can set a current limit.

6. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

I believe you can also set a start and stop time for charging if you wish to schedule charging. I don't, but I did once just to see the option in the app.
    i.e. if a total charge normally takes your car 2.5 hours, it might be possible to force a 2/3 charge by stopping at 2 hours or whatever.

7. To remove this ad click here.