2020 Current Service Bulletins

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Randy Stegbauer, Jan 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I'm about to take my Clarity in for its second (unnecesary) oil change.

Are there any Service Bulletins that need to be applied from about May 2019? I looked at the thread "Honda Service Express Bulletins for 2018 Clarity PHEV" (https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/honda-service-express-bulletins-for-2018-clarity-phev.2183/), but couldn't see any additional bulletins discussed.

I already applied these four at my first oil change
    1. 18-089: Product Update: 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid EVTC & 3-Way Valve Software Update (P100C/P26A3)
    2. 18-090: Product Update: 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid Climate Control Unit Replacement
    3. 18-091: Product Update: 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid Driver Display Software Update (Mileage)
    4. 18-097: Clarity Fails To Charge or Finish Charging
    Thank you,
    Rand Stegbauer

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

The only one I can think of to add might be 18-096 which is an updated warranty CD but I don’t know if yours is new enough to not need it. Might be worth asking about.

Randy Stegbauer likes this.
  4. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

It seems odd to me that an [almost experimental] vehicle like this does not have more service bulletins (particularly software enhancements).

Either Honda did a remarkable job ironing out all of the bugs in advance, or more likely, has shifted their engineering resources completely away from the Clarity and on to the next great vehicle. There are undoubtedly bugs that exist or will be uncovered, but I fear we will languish without solutions going forward.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  5. And that's exactly why I asked the question. Somewhat sad...but expected.

6. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Ha! I don't think they've fixed the XM radio not working when you precondition the car. That's been reported from day one.

I only stream now so no idea if this is still a problem.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

it is still happens, but if you wait until after the happy little video on the dash finished before starting the car the problem is gone.

Johnhaydev likes this.