Anybody Tried Carplay2Air for wireless?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Paddy, Nov 23, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paddy

Paddy Member

Clarity is not among the supported car model list. Not sure if it won’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. NocEdit

NocEdit Member

Yeah, Apple’s website says the Honda Clarity isn’t supported for Carplay also.... but we all know it is.... I think their model list might be inadequate.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Has anyone tried this? After forgetting my phone in the car for the Nth time today, I just decided to download that apk and will try to install it on my Clarity tomorrow. If it works, I would risk and buy that thing tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

AlanSqB and Raymondca like this.
  5. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Failure :(. I copied the apk file on an USB drive, put it in the car, went to the menu, hit "app installer", the apk is listed there, I click on it and a greyed-out button labeled "Install' appears next to it, but when I click it it only beeps twice and nothing happens. Tried the other port, no dice. Has anyone tried to install apps on this car? BTW, the Android version of the Clarity is 4.2.2 as required by the manufacturer.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Raymondca

Raymondca Member

I have the same grayed-out button. I read the FAQ on its official website. It says the required Android version is 4.4+. There are compatibility issues in Android 4.0-4.4. I know in other places it says android 4.2+ is ok. Their information is confusing...
    Anyway, I believe the grayed-out button is due to failing to meet the requirement of the APK. So conclusion, don't buy it.

8. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Yep, thanks! I guess instead I will need to start taking something to boost my memory so I won't keep leaving my phone on the cupholder...

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Just download this 300 dpi PDF file, print the file, cut out the PHONE button, and tape it over your POWER button. If that does't work, remove the paper PHONE button, insert a thumbtack from the back, and tape it back over the POWER button.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    MPower likes this.
  10. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

:D:D:D:D:D!

11. To remove this ad click here.