Two Weeks into Ownership, And...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by NU2EV, Dec 27, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. NU2EV

NU2EV New Member

Love this car! I have a little over 700 miles on her and there are not many negatives. If I could, I'd swap the tempature knobs with the push-button volume on the infotainment. I'd rather not hear the "angry bees", but after reading threads/posts about it (particularly some great posts explaining the phenomenon by craze1cars and others), I accept it and it doesn't bother me so much. The car drives/handles beautifully, it's comfortable and it's a nice looking vehicle, to boot. I'm in the process of (trying) to get an electrician to install a 240 V outlet in my garage for quicker charging. That leads me to a charging-related question: I've used ChargePoint a few times. Does the app actually tell you when the battery is fully charged? I've disconnected when I thought the charge was complete.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Welcome to the Clarity family!

Yes, the Chargepoint app will tell you when it finishes charging.

Ryan C likes this.
  4. Nemesis

Nemesis Active Member

You should receive a email or text from Chargepoint once your vehicle is no longer pulling electric current. Enjoy the Clarity, it is a awesome vehicle. I have 30,000 miles now and made several trips from Boston to Atlanta. Still enjoying it to the fullest.

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Ditto on what @Nemesis said.
    It also lets you choose to get text and/or email and/or by push. And you can choose to get them when fully charged and/or when charging is interrupted at public chargers and/or at home. Just go to Account and then Notifications. And you can even get a notification to remind you to plug in at a certain time each day. Just go to Home Charger.
    The app works great for me. Only snag was a very low WiFi signal in my garage which was remedied by an inexpensive extender. I really enjoy being able to track my kWhs and figure out my stats like cost per mile, miles/ kWh, and MPGe.
    And I use the scheduling on the ChargePoint app to charge my car as close to departure as possible so the battery spends less time at 100% SOC. That’s just my OC disorder showing.

PS: You can get a lower quote on the installation if you don’t mention electric cars or solar power which are the buzz words that seem to drive up the price. Or if you’re a DIY-er cheapskate like me, you can run your own wire, buy the plug and circuit breaker, and then just hire the licensed electrician for their one hour service call rate to hook it up at the receptacle and breaker box. Only took him 20 minutes, so I then had him check all my outlets and wiring since I had 40 minutes left on the clock.

6. Duxa

Duxa Member

HondaLink app will also tell you charge % of the car.

7. To remove this ad click here.