Interesting service call this morning

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tim66, Nov 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

The cabin air filter is a simple, no-tools required job. Think it took me longer to empty my glove box than it did to actually replace the cabin filter in the slot. 5 mins max. The filter costs less than $7 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074BHR574/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

insightman likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Nikko508

Nikko508 Member

168, Holly crap. Mine charged me 35 and rotated the tires, washed the car and charged the battery before I picked it up.

4. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

$168 is cheap compared to other dealer services.

I would have paid $600 for an oil change on my Land Rover but the luckily the first visit is free.
    After the first free service, I went to an independent (trust worthy mechanic), and they charge $110 for an oil change no matter what make/model you have - it could be Ferrari, Maserati, Merc, BMW, etc....
    It's all relative....

I just recently received an email from my selling dealer that my MM is coming up and he is offering a free first service which I thought was very nice:
    [​IMG]

5. I can have an oil change done on my 8.9L diesel motorhome for less than $300. That includes more than 6 gallons of oil, 2 fuel filters, an oil filter and a chassis lube with 13 Zerk fittings.

Toyota charged $37 to change the oil on my Scion xB. An independent mechanic changed the oil on our Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel for $60. The dealer charges about $200 because they say the oil is “special”. Your mechanic is killing most people at $110, so he can eat an exotic car oil change once in awhile.

It seems the Honda service cost is both variable and negotiable. Land Rover bilking it’s customers does not make $168 a bargain for the Honda service.

cokeb5 likes this.
  6. Atkinson

Atkinson Active Member

I still cant believe the maintenance charge is negotiable.
    Information is power.

7. To remove this ad click here.