Sirius XM free again

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Nov 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CJC and Mattsburgh like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. US as well.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Mattsburgh and electriceddy like this.
  4. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

I just got a free Echo Dot for signing up for $5 a month.

5. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I don't care at all for Sirius.. I never even turned it on.. We have a fantastic local Radio Talk Show which I listen to on my way to work and we have another great Talk Show on the way back home. If I want to listen to Music, I play my Youtube playlist via Android Auto and I get exactly the songs I want. There is zero need for me to have Sirius.

ScubaSteve likes this.
  6. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I spend most of my time in an area with limited FM radio choices, so Sirius works for us. Some of the time I listen to news, there is a weather/traffic channel that is sometimes useful, and a lot of the time music. My wife is a sports nut, so she has various sports channels she listens to.

The odd thing about Sirius is that they default you to a fairly expensive package. Call them up and say you want to cancel because it costs too much, and they very quickly come up with another package that is much less expensive (but after some period of time reverts to the expensive package). It would be nice if cable TV were this flexible in their pricing.

ehatch and Esprit1st like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Never even used Sirius for fear that I would get entered into some database and be hounded to subscribe for the rest of my life.

I have a lovely community radio station, Android Auto for Spotify and my own music files, and BT for Jazz Radio (until it gets included in AA).

ScubaSteve likes this.
  9. Yeah FM here sucks bad unless you like to listen to white noise (static). So I like it too. I call them up every 6 month or so to revert the pricing to cheap, since as mentioned it always goes back to expensive after a while.

The traffic subscription is trash, though. VERY expensive and it only covers some major highways, so really no need for that at all.

ehatch likes this.
  10. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

You're already *in* that database, because your dealer signed you up for
    Sirius whether you wanted it or not. Welcome to spam-land!

_H*

davidtm likes this.
  11. Francois

Francois Active Member

I had to create an account on their website just so I could check off the option that says to not contact me by phone.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

Yup you are in that database. Sirius is a virus that you just can't get rid of.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

14. That's BS! Yes, your dealer might have set you up. However, if you don't log in and set your email preferences to "no emails", yes you will get "spam" which is not spam but you get the Mails that they send out because you did not deselect it.

That's actually what your dealer should have told you to do.

15. Unsubscribe. It works. Well, so far.

16. I certainly won't subscribe, create an account or check any boxes. But the free demo fits my budget, so I don't mind listening to it during that period.

17. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

Well I am not able to delete Sirius. If I press the radio button it defaults to the Sirius preview channel. I am sure there used to be an option to turn this off but can't find it in the radio setup menus.

18. Have you saved any stations in FM or AM, I have saved several FM stations and it defaults there.

19. Your dealer might have set it up for you and given them your email address. If he did, you have to log into Sirius and go to settings and deactivate the email/SMS option, otherwise you WILL get "spam". Well, it's not spam, but you'll call it that because you won't remember that your dealer subscribed for you. So technically you need to blame your dealer, not Sirius XM.
    You can't "delete" Sirius. It's built into the radio. The preview channel will always be available. You have to switch to FM radio, then the radio button should default to FM and Sirius should not come up. There is no specific setting for that, other than the traffic information where you can set it to only use HD radio for traffic information.

20. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

Yes I do have a few AM and FM presets. But if I am on an AM preset and press the radio button it jumps to Sirius, press again and it goes to FM. All of the Sirius presets were deleted long ago.

Wasn't there a setup option to disable Sirius?

21. No, there is no setting to disable.
    But you just described what you do and how it works: if you push the radio button several times it will cycle through Sirius, FM and AM continuously. But if you are on FM or AM, then push another button (any other button should do) and then push radio again it should go to the last radio station used, which then should be FM or AM depending on what you used. Just don't "double-tap" the radio button. That won't work!

electriceddy likes this.
  22. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

Okay right, it was the XM traffic that I disabled.

Regardless I'd rather not have the preview nagging me.

23. Yeah, sorry. There is no way to disable Sirius XM. But there is also no way to disable FM or AM either.