HondaLink App Update

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by vicw, Mar 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

The last update came out almost two weeks ago but the recent problem didn't start until Tuesday. The previous problem in early September occurred nearly two months after the previous update came out. So the problem does not seem to be related to updates, but is more likely a problem with the Honda server which is what the previous problem seemed to be since it didn't affect everyone.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

No, you don't have to disable anything. After you plug the car in, just press and hold the charge button on the fob. That will start charging immediately regardless of any charge schedule you have set.

4. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

Not sure if my app just updated again, but this morning I get the "Something went wrong" message. And it shows nothing on the car. So I cleared the cache and the data and re-logged in and now it doesn't even list the cars anymore, and asks me if I want to add a car to the app. Anyone else struggling with Hondalink unexpectedly?

5. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

I was getting a message saying “an error has occurred “. I took the update this morning (iOS 13) and now the app is working.

6. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

My Android app will not activate or deactivate my remote control commands.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Yep, getting the 'something went wrong' error message on my Google Pixel XL running Android 10.

9. vicw

vicw Active Member

Yes, after the update this morning, I got the "something went wrong message" one time, with the "Activate Remote Commands" screen displayed. Actually, I've seen that screen flash by frequently when I opened the app, but it had never been visible long enough for me to read it.

I was able to restart the app, and have opened it several times since with no apparent problems. I haven't tried to start Climate Control yet, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10. SteveinSD

SteveinSD New Member

Just updated the app and all is well.

11. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

The update fixed my app as well.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Danks

Danks Active Member

The update fixed the error, but now it doesn't show EV mile range.

14. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Guessing they were doing server maintenance. I didn't do a thing to my Hondalink app and it is working normally.