PSA: Time to Pump Up Your Tires!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by David Towle, Nov 11, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Checked my tires yesterday, all 4 tires needed about 2-3 PSI to get them back up to 36 PSI. I do wish my Clarity had the same dashboard display showing a graphic overview of the vehicle with PSI readings at each tire that is on our Jeep Cherokee.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I did have the Clarity's system detect the pressure loss from a nail in my left front tire, so its not completely worthless.

4. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I was keeping my tires at 36 psi, but the OEM tires were bald on the centerline at 30,000 miles. My Clarity is normally running lightly loaded with just me and some luggage.

I have reduced my target pressure to 34 psi.

5. LAF

LAF Active Member

Has anyone found that the tire pressure indicator stays on even after filling tires to correct pressure?

6. Yes. As stated upthread, I think, you need to reset the system after an alert.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

Clarity Electric recommendation is 36 front 38 rear. Extra battery weight in the trunk area?

9. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Is that the one you need to remove the sensor with a wrench every time you need to pump air into the tire?

10. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

It comes with a wrench, but I don't use it. I can tighten the retaining nuts with my fingers.

11. The free spinning “anti-theft” device can be removed so just the smaller, lighter sensor is used. There are also “flow thru” sensors that can be left on the valve stem while air is added. They are slightly larger. Both styles are pressure sealing caps, so should a valve stem ever fail to reseat after adding air the cap will prevent air from leaking out the stem.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Echo that. Just didn't put the retaining nuts on at all (so I didn't use the wrench).

14. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Thank you folks! Now I feel more comfortable buying it.