Tpms sensor warning doesn't go away

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Francois, Nov 14, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Francois

Francois Active Member

After I installed my winter wheels to the front of my car (they don't fit the back for now), I did get a warning because the front right wheel was under inflated at 27psi

[​IMG]

But I've corrected the situation since then as shown in the next picture where both of my front wheels show 35psi but despite this the warning light did not go away.
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know how to proceed to make the warning go away?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Inflate then a little bit more, 35 is right on the edge. I had the same problem after it got cold here in Las Vegas and because of that the your pressure dropped. I filled them up to about 35 but it still warned me. So I gave it just about 1 more psi and then it went away.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Francois likes this.
  4. Francois

Francois Active Member

Thanks I will try. However, if you look at my first picture the left tire was previously at 30psi and it never triggered the warning only the right tire which used to be at 27 and is now at 35 same as the other front wheel. Unlike my original wheels which were 17 inches , the max psi on the winter tires says 35 psi.

5. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

the warning seems to only come on when 27psi is reached, and it seems to need a little over inflation to get it to quit. I had it happen to me with a slow leak. After repair, they only inflated to 33 and the light stayed on, then they inflated to 36 or 37 and it went away. Of course you also need to drive a few minutes to get it to reset.

6. Francois

Francois Active Member

I drove it for 90 minutes. ;)
    But I will try to overinflate it. Or maybe this can be fixed with Torque Pro?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I doubt it can be fixed with torque pro. Overinflate it a little bit and it should turn off. If you feel like it's too much just release some after it turned off.

You can inflate it yourself with the pump that comes with the car, just don't attach the tire fix goo container.

Francois likes this.
  9. Francois

Francois Active Member

I was going to inflate it some more last night but the outside temperature went up by a few degrees and my wheels went up 1 psi more momentarily from high speed on the highway just enough to make it go away. :)

Thanks to everyone for their advice, it is appreciated.

electriceddy and BC-Doc like this.
  10. Francois

Francois Active Member

I have yet to unwrap the pump that came with the car because I was saving it for emergencies.

As anyone here used it before? Just wondering if it sturdy enough for regular use as that would be convenient or if it is a fragile thing that looks like it could could rapidly wear out?

11. I used it like 3-4 times. Had a slow leak and had to put air in to drive to the tire shop. Then I filled my tires after it got cold here in Vegas and the pressure went down. Then did it again for my wife's car. It might be a little bit of a pain to get the short hose unplugged after use because it's not meant to be used without the goo-stuff so it's not super easy to unplug but still works great.

Works great. I just wrap it back into the bubble wrap after use.

Francois likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Francois

Francois Active Member

Thanks. And the goo plug can be put back on if needed or once it's off, it's off for good?

14. It's three separate parts, the pump, the goo container, and the hose. Usually you have to plug the goo-container into the pump and then the hose into the container and connect to the tire. It then pumps the goo through the hose into the tire.

But you can also plug the house directly into the pump. It isn't really made to do that and you have to wiggle it on the a little bit and getting it out as well. But it works just fine.

15. Francois

Francois Active Member

Thanks for the info.

16. I used it once on my wheelbarrow as I was too lazy to haul out my real compressor. (no goo):)

Francois likes this.