Ford Mustang-Inspired Electric SUV Preview Set For November

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by interestedinEV, Aug 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

SThomas219 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

As a Mustang owner, I am looking forward to the announcement. Very interesting to see what Ford comes up with. The teaser youTube videos showing performance and winter weather capabilities look like a nice all weather companion for my garage queen. :) Could be my next EV after the Clarity lease ends.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  4. larrenz

larrenz Member

The performance is quite impressive. Can't wait to see the actual styling of it.

5. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

Hey, there's a lot of info being leaked. Here's a spy shot.
    [​IMG]

And a cool rendering based on the spy shot. Only 6 more days before the reveal!

[​IMG]

Here's one from the back side.

[​IMG]

Because there was no side on spy pics, none were rendered.

BTW, Ford has said you can order the car on November 17th. Not sure what the terms will be.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  6. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

Okay, then, FYI, the reveal will be at 9PM ET this Sunday (11/17).

Ford has officially said it will be called the Mustang Mach-E and is now part of the Mustang family/brand. $500 deposits will be accepted on the 17th to get in line for when the order banks open next year.

[​IMG]

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

9. interestedinEV

Live unveiling today before LA Auto Show 5:50pm PST/8:50EST:
    https://electrek.co/2019/11/17/ford-mustang-mach-e-livestream-news-hub/

Leaked details
    Pricing, specs, and configurations of Ford’s upcoming Mustang Mach E electric SUV have leaked just days ahead of Ford’s November 17 Mach E launch. The information was all posted to Ford’s website, and it looks like it includes just about everything there is to know about the car.

Performance:

• EPA Est. Target: 300 mi Range (Ext. Range, RWD)
    • 0-60 Target: Mid 3-seconds (GT w/options)
    • Est. Average DC charge: 47mi in 10 min (Ext. Range, RWD)

Models/Pricing (pre-incentive prices, all models get $7,500 US tax credit):

• First Edition: $59,900 MSRP (EPA est. 270 miles, mid 5-second, AWD, 19” wheels)
    • Select: $43,895 MSRP (EPA est. 230 miles, mid 5-second, AWD or RWD, 18” wheels)
    • Premium: $50,600 MSRP (EPA est. 300 miles, mid 5-second, AWD or RWD, 19” wheels)
    • California Route 1: $52,400 (EPA est. 300 miles, mid 6-second, AWD, 18” wheels)
    • GT: $60,500 (EPA est. 235 miles, mid 3-second, AWD, 20” wheels

10. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

I am glad Ford is not in charge of our national defense. :) The only thing that hasn't been leaked is a full on side shot. :D

If there are any surprises tonight, I'll be surprised.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. interestedinEV

You can watch the replay and if you want make your reservations here
    https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/

Nice dog and pony show. Has a lot of interconnected features They claim they have the charging network organized, 300 mile EPA, intelligent features that can be called by saying "OK FORD".

Well you can see it now

upload_2019-11-17_20-20-18.png

upload_2019-11-17_20-24-41.png

upload_2019-11-17_20-21-22.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    SThomas219 likes this.
  13. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

When introducing the buying experience, the guy mentioned Ford will "give" owners a charging station (though installation was not mentioned as part of the deal). That was a surprise.

14. interestedinEV

I took that to mean that a charging cable for home charging

SThomas219 and Mike L like this.
  15. interestedinEV

A reference to other articles on the unveiling
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/18/20970193/ford-electric-mustang-mach-e-first-look-photos-video-la-auto-show-2019

I also really love the slender digital instrument cluster, and the fact that this has a driver monitoring system (especially since Ford says it eventually wants to enable hands-free highway driving). I have had a hard time coming up with things I feel are missing, though I’m sure a few will surface after the haze of the LA Auto Show wears off and we all spend the next year thinking (and arguing) even more about this car.

Comparisons to Tesla are hard to avoid when it comes to electric cars, and the Mustang Mach-E is no exception. It’s hard not to immediately size Ford’s EV up against the forthcoming Model Y, which has similar specs and will be released on a similar schedule. I also couldn’t help but spend part of the night thinking about how Ford revealed the Mustang Mach-E at the same municipal airport hangars where Tesla unveiled the Semi and second generation Roadster just two years and one day before — and how we were right next to SpaceX headquarters, where Elon Musk will unveil Tesla’s “Cybertruck” pickup truck in just a few days.

The Mustang Mach-E got Kudos from Musk

(Shortly after the event ended, Musk tweeted “[c]ongratulations” to Ford for the new electric Mustang SUV. “Sustainable/electric cars are the future!! Excited to see this announcement from Ford, as it will encourage other carmakers to go electric too,
    he wrote.)

https://www.tribtoday.com/news/local-news/2019/11/ford-joins-electric-tide/
    upload_2019-11-18_5-16-53.png
    The five-passenger Mach E sort of resembles a Mustang, and Ford says it comes close to matching the car’s performance. Engineers say the base model will have a range of about 230 miles per charge, with a long-range option of more than 300 miles. The base version is expected to go from zero to 60 mph in a little more than six seconds, Ford said, while the performance GT version will do it in about 3.5 seconds.

The base version is rear-wheel drive, with all-wheel drive options. It has the Mustang pony badge on the front and rear, a long hood and a fastback look at the rear. Yet designers preserved rear-seat headroom with a blacked-out glass roof. The Mustang team set up the Mach E’s chassis tuning, which determines its handling. Designers also copied the Mustang’s triple tail lights.

16. I got really excited when I saw how big this announcement was, how reasonably priced the car was, how committed Ford seemed to be to launch a mass market EV. And then I saw that delivery would only be made through "EV certified dealers" and I died a bit inside. How hard is it to make an EV available and serviceable at all dealerships?

17. It sounds like what Nissan currently ships with the Leaf: A cable that can charge at either 120V or 240V (though slower than you'd find in a proper L2 charger).

18. interestedinEV

I would not worry too much. With 2100 dealerships getting EV certification, that is an average of about 42 per state. I am sure there will be one not too far off.

https://www.tribtoday.com/news/local-news/2019/11/ford-joins-electric-tide/
    Ford has deals with Electrify America and others for a national network that includes over 12,000 charging stations and 35,000 plugs, so EV owners can go on longer trips.

The company also will have 2,100 of its U.S. dealerships certified to service electric vehicles.

That was the impression I got yesterday.

Mike L likes this.