P100D vs Long Range

Discussion in 'Model S' started by WOODY409, Oct 18, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. WOODY409

WOODY409 New Member

I just sold my 2013 P85D and I have a conundrum. I am having trouble deciding between a new Long Range and a 2108 P100D used. Obviously the P100D is faster and is about the coolest car in the world but the Long Range has things in its favor too. It is brand new and it has the Raven Suspension as well as the increased range. The P100D is very low miles and after tax incentives I would get on the new one, the used is about $10,000 more. What would you do? I am open to all opinions.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. HagerHedgie

HagerHedgie Member

I’d get the new one. Upgraded suspension is nice. Cheaper is nice too. Acceration is still really really really good. Better range too. Good luck. You can’t make a bad choice here.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. Re-Volted

Re-Volted New Member

Hey Woody, I just bought a '13 P85, nope not dual, different one.... he he
    Think I would also lean towards the new one unless you're really partial to the Performance edition. I picked mine for the rest of the car, not really needing the P.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Let me suggest doing a requirements analysis over the holiday:
    • Mandatory requirements - these have no cost factor but are PASS/FAIL.
    • Optional requirements - these have a cost factor but are best evaluated as some part of 100%. They do not trump the mandatory requirements. Rather they allow comparing products that meet the mandatory requirements and giving them a relative value.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Bob Wilson