Finally got a Niro EV

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Axle, May 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Axle

Axle New Member

Got the call from my dealer in So Cal Saturday to say the car had arrived. My wife and I scooted down and did the deal (although that was an ordeal in itself).
    It's a white EX Premium and we now have about 75 miles on the clock. It's our first electric car and the experience so far has been very good. I think the only slight negative for us is that the ride is a bit firmer that we thought it would be, probably more a case of the diabolical road conditions around here! All the features are mind boggling, it will take a while to learn everything.
    Anyway it was a long wait but well worth it. Glad we didn't crumble and buy another ICE car.
    One thing of note, we signed up with Kia for updates on this vehicle and we still have had no communication from them regarding availability. Very poor performance from their sales and marketing team.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

Congrats, I looked at a video of two guys looking under a Bolt EV and Kia EV and the Kia had far better suspension. I find my Lexus feel the bumps more than my Kia EV. Post some photos.

Domenick likes this.
  4. Congrats on getting your car!
    Yes, Kia has kept the Niro EV rollout in the U.S. very quiet. Not sure if they just wanted to avoid the media mentioning it seemed somewhat delayed or what. By contrast, Hyundai had a special little handover event for its first Kona Electric. Hopefully, that's no indication of its future communication strategy.

In any case, yeah, show us pics and please feel free to share your ownership experience and ask any questions you might have.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  5. MLB

MLB New Member

The Niro EV is now available in Oregon. Bought one Saturday!

Domenick likes this.
  6. After months of pondering I called my sales guy to say I was ready to start the ordering process. He said it was uncanny timing, would I like to test drive the Niro EV...could've knocked me down with a feather. The same car I would have ordered had arrived for another client and they had cancelled their order and bought the Hybrid version instead. Serendipitous I'd say...the rest is history!

Domenick and Barry W Finger like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

Welcome, this vehicle is great, you are lucky to get one. My dealer has a wait until May next year. Post photos when you can.

9. Barry W Finger

Barry W Finger New Member

Congrats! When I went just to look 2 weeks back there were only 2 on the lot in all of the greater Houston area. It is hard to understand the business rationale of Kia rolling these out in the US when they can’t actually supply them in quantity. It could very well end up being that sales never take off based simply on a perception that they are not selling. Having said that, my EV Premium is an awesome vehicle with tons of features, crisp acceleration, and real world practicality. If you’ve been wanting to pull the trigger on an EV, you won’t regret it.

Domenick likes this.
  10. Joseph Jimenez

Joseph Jimenez New Member

Lease or Finance?? If lease what incentives were included??

11. stockae92

stockae92 New Member

Wondering what kind of deal is available for Niro EV in socal?

12. To remove this ad click here.