Hondalink registration frustration

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tangible, Apr 27, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rav

Rav Member

Interestingly, Hondalink released yet another (Android) app update but it still didn't resolve my issues. Their "tech support" claimed that it's because I'm charging on 120V vs. 240v. They are full of sh*t!!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

I don't mind the lack of percentages. I am not a numbers person and found the precision of the percentages suspect. I rarely ever saw 100%. It was mainly 98 or 99%. The full green bar is good enough for me.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Drats, rats, and even @#%&$!!!
    I hit update all on my iPhone without thinking and now have the new app. I’ve lost the % SOC and miss it. And I don’t see any obvious improvement on the new version except maybe the colored bar graphs for the ranges. I don’t find it any easier to navigate in and for me a little less easy.
    Is there any way to go back to the previous version of the app on an iPhone?
    Signed,
    Old School Fuddy Duddy

5. Nam

Nam New Member

I have Honda Clarity PHEV 2019 Touring Trim.
    I'm not quite sure how Hondalink gets its signal? LTE? which carrier? My Hondalink app in the phone works quite iffy. Refreshing takes long, and won't update all the info, sometimes it will miss EV range, sometimes gas range, it doesn't even update mileage.
    I can see it's updated better when my phone connects to the car via a cable or Bluetooth. Which means I have to be near the car.
    If I'm away from it, car in garage, I'm upstairs, it won't update the info in HondaLink phone app at all.
    If it's LTE, how to check whether LTE is receiving good signal? or whether the dealer even activates LTE connection for it yet?

Thanks for any input!

6. There is a lag time between the purchase of the car and when Honda has the car purchase and owner information entered into their database. I had all the same issues on Day 1, but two days later, no problem. I do seem to recall that I had to set up my account online, then download the app and set it up. VIN and my online credentials were needed to get the app going. Since then I have had no problems. Good luck, all!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The car has both Bluetooth and wifi capabilities, but you have to pair the phone with the car before Bluetooth works, and wifi works if you are in range of your home network AND have set the car up to join the network, just like you would any wifi device. Once you have set up your app on the phone and the car connectivity is setup (on the car console), the car uses Bluetooth, wifi or cellular data to connect with your phone and with Honda. Data syncs with all three. Alternately, you can connect via a USB cable when in the car, but make sure it is plugged into the port next to the driver’s seat.