Green charge light not coming on.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Sthomasa, Sep 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sthomasa

Sthomasa Member

After a charge point charge, suddenly my green light will not light. Drove awhile and opening ev door gets me no light at all.
    Am i doing something wrong? Or something blown?
    Trien fob button and dash button. 23 mile range left.
    Help?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Plug in your Honda EVSE for a brief time, then try the CP EVSE again. Others with your issue have had that reset the charger.

The other possibility is your car needs the software update for charging problems. If it’s a 2018 does it have all the latest updates.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  4. Sthomasa

Sthomasa Member

Early 2019. 1500s sn . Love this car! Near perfect and just the right amount of tech to make it very interesting. Refuse to RTFManual. Guess i enjoy the puzzle of this amazing car. Like a murder mystery where i always done it and didnt know i done it.

5. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

I think @KentuckyKen has a theory that since 18-097 wasn't automatically applied to 2018's unless owners complained, that maybe it is was not incorporated into 2019's either.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  6. Candice

Candice Active Member

Have you set up a scheduled charge? Your vehicle won't charge outside that window no matter what charger you are using unless you override on the app.

Also, when your car is plugged in and the green light is not on, check the app to see if it says you are plugged in or if it does not even recognize the connection.

Kerbe likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

I've experienced this a couple of times, and the cause was the charge handle as not completely seated (you'll hear the latch click). Charging stations light switched to "Connected", but green light on the Clarity did not light and charge session could not be initiated.

9. Sthomasa

Sthomasa Member

Usually when i open charge door, green light blinks. Then a connection can be made.
    At a public station, i over ride scheduled charge by holding fob button.
    But yesterday, nothing lit, no response from any thing, no ability to charge. I checked over a few hours.
    I drove for a few hv hours, came home and opened ev door and light blinked and later took scheduled charge.
    Dealer software update being checked today.

10. ralfalfa

ralfalfa Member

Sthomasa, I've had variations of this problem a few times myself- and luckily always found a solution. There's a number of previous threads about how Chargepoint level 2 charging sometimes seems to confuse the onboard charging system of the Clarity (particularly if there are power fluctuations), and afterwards the Clarity seems to quit trusting the Chargepoint and won't let it charge.

The quickest potential solution is to do exactly what Sandroad suggested; try charging with the supplied Honda level-1 charger. If it's the "charger trust" issue described above, that should not only turn the green light on, but also allow you to use the Chargepoint again. If you're not getting a green light with the Honda-supplied charger (and assuming your battery is not already fully charged) then there's something more serious going on.

11. mr.nguyen

mr.nguyen New Member

I have a 2019 Clarity for a few weeks and I already had the same problem a few times with Charge point. Really frustrated when it happens!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Refer to post #4 in this thread. It may do the trick.

KentuckyKen likes this.