HondaLink App Update

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by vicw, Mar 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GHTech

GHTech Member

In my case, I check my phone quite often, and therefore, do not have many notifications lingering around.

2002 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GHTech

GHTech Member

Interesting. Maybe the sound is not turned on my default or something on my phone is blocking it. Let me check.

4. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

"Forgot to mention using LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) on an old Nexus 5" == Running a non-standard version of Android on old hardware is not something to mention in passing when questioning why your app doesn't fully function.

5. MajorAward

MajorAward Active Member

New update to the HondaLink App dated July 19, 2019
    Whats New:
    • Improved reliability of remote commands.
    • Minor bug fixes and UX enhancements.
    • Improved map search results.

6. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Lucy = Honda
    Football = HondaLink new update
    Charlie Brown = Me

MPower and MajorAward like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MajorAward

MajorAward Active Member

That's effin hilarious:D

9. Kranberry

Kranberry Member

Forced me to update and now I can't see Range, Charge, Plugged In or Charging anymore. No further updates.

10. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

The new version is working fine for me.

11. djkiang

djkiang New Member

Recently got a Clarity, and installed the app on my iphone. The app does not show me the car is charging or getting any notifications. Logged back out and back in. I've been reading a lot about how useless this app is, but didn't realize to what degree.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LAF

LAF Active Member

It has worked for me for 2 years. You should call Honda Support.

15. Please don’t hate me, but my app works fine on iOS in all its rudimentary glory. You do have to go into settings and enable notifications and cellular data if you want a status update when you aren’t in Bluetooth or wifi range. And your phone has to have been paired with the vehicle. I would suggest that if you are in range of your wifi, that might be an alternative way to link with your phone. I wonder if a lot of these issues have to do with phone privacy, notification and cellular data settings.

Is the loss of battery % an Android thing? On my iPhone, I get a useful display of percentage charged, gas tank level and approximate miles for each. I don’t have to be plugged in. I have set my car to charge every night at 11pm, and if I go on the road and charge elsewhere, I must disable the automatic charge or it won’t charge at a station. I can see the charge level change on the app while it’s charging, but this happens sooooo slowly.

16. Check your notification settings on your phone, whether you are connected or paired via Bluetooth, wifi or cellular data. Then check your settings on the car. Conflicts between the two can cause the app to appear to malfunction. Good luck!

17. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

It'd be nice to figure out the pattern/issue. I've had my Clarity since May 2018 and I have the occasional glitch, but it has always sorted out within a day or two.

18. lanb

lanb Active Member

With the latest update, I lost the ability to "Turn on Climate" remotely.
    It says communicating to the car, waiting for response and
    then times out and returns to the home screen.
    Android app and Base clarity if that matters.

For all its engineering prowess, Honda has the worst app development team.

19. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Version 4.0.7.1 came out nearly two weeks ago so I don't think the problem that started Tuesday for many people is related to the app update, since it worked prior to Tuesday. It is more likely a problem on the Honda server side. We also don't know yet if it affects everyone or if like the previous problem it only affects some accounts and some people's still works. Naturally the people who come on to post about it have the problem, but like last time we may hear from someone that it still works for them.

Unfortunately it's now Friday evening and so I don't expect them to fix it any earlier than Monday.

20. lanb

lanb Active Member

Possible, but the app update was not great either. Didn't fix the lack of notifications or anything else that I can tell.

21. vicw

vicw Active Member

Somewhere along the line, I lost the ability to ability to change the Charge Schedule on the Android app, version 4.0.7.1

If I select Schedule Charge, then Modify Schedule, I can adjust the start time, but after I select the Check, to process the change, it just spins its wheels, and eventually reports that it encountered an error, and the start time stays with the old setting.

22. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Several people are experiencing the problem, it seems to have started on Tuesday. It basically seems to be round two of a similar problem that lasted for a few days a couple weeks go. Posts about the current problem start in post #66 of the original thread.

https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/unable-to-receive-a-response-from-the-vehicle-honda-link-app.6769/page-4#post-77366

As I assume you know you can still change the charge schedule using the in car menu. And it seems like even though you can't change the charge schedule with the app, the app does display the current charge status on the home page.

23. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Got the car in August it last year. Never had a problem with the app until recently when it stopped working for everyone for a few days.

After the latest update, the app shows charge status however remote climate doesn’t work.

Be sure to call Honda.