"Unable to Receive A response from the Vehicle" Honda Link App

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by RobinBrain, Sep 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RobinBrain

RobinBrain Member

Since 9/5/19 I have been unable to use the Honda Link App I get the above message. It's weird since It worked perfectly for several months. Then just stopped working on the 5th. Any suggestions

Daniel M W likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

The same for me on the same day: 9/5/19 7:59 am.

Already uninstalled and started from scratch but nothing seems to work

4. Steven L

Steven L New Member

Same problem and issue. Logging in did not work. Using iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. RobinBrain

RobinBrain Member

Seems like widespread issue. Lots of use seem to have been affected on 9/5. Does anyone Have another Honda they can test?

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Since it still works for some people it's either a problem with specific accounts, specific phones, or a problem with the cell phone network used by Honda in some areas. Problem started Thursday for some, Friday for others, doubtful anyone at Honda has been working on it over the weekend so hopefully it gets fixed on Monday or at least sometime next week.

I notice Find My Car fails within a few seconds so I doubt if it's a cell network issue and more likely specific to some accounts/phones.

8. zman

zman New Member

Well, I'm glad to find this post. I logged in just now to post about it. I just had my A01 service on Friday night and had all of the recalls done. Since then I've had no connection, and I thought it was due to the service, updates, and recalls. I went as far as disconnecting my battery cable earlier today. I'm on IOS.

9. Mine’s been unable to update state of charge or location since 9/6 at 12:07 AM. iPhone.

10. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

AFAIK, there are no recalls on the Clarity PHEV. Service bulletins, yes, but no recalls.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Same here. Stopped working on 9/5 10:37pm. Even if I'm connected via bluetooth or USB, the app won't update (I thought it would this way same as it does for my Ody which doesn't have cellular connection).

Deleted app and reinstalled (which makes you log in again) but didn't make a difference. Also tried it under full LTE bars (though I have Verizon) as well as in an area with good WiFi connection for both cars and phone.

Was going to call tomorrow but...

13. zman

zman New Member

Maybe my dealer just calls service bulletins by the name recall? They wrote recall on my bill, a recall for the climate control unit, a recall for the emissions warranty CD product update, a recall for EVTC failure missed detection PUD

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

14. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Technically a recall is for a potential safety issue where the NHTSA requires that manufacturers notify affected owners to bring in their cars. A service bulletin on the other hand is usually for non safety issues and manufacturers are usually not required to notify owners.

Probably as you suggested your dealer just uses the term interchangeably on the invoice.

15. Evfred

Evfred Member

App has gotten stuck about 3 times for me. Each time was fixed by disconnecting negative terminal, waiting 20 seconds, and reconnecting. Boot up, short drive to clear errors, and then turn off car somewhere with signal. Honestly very annoying. Sounds like your case is a bit more serious though! I’d take it to the dealer under warranty at this point.

16. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

This is what my status screen has looked like for the past two days, even when I'm not home it shows "Charging" and it shows my SOC and HV range as of September 6th at 12:00 pm.

HondaLink app.png

It's normal for the app to show the previous status screen when you first launch it, then within about 10-15 seconds it changes to current data. But since Friday it never changes, and no error messages, it just shows the same screen.

Find My Car acts like it's updating for about five seconds then it purports to show where my car is located, no error messages, but it shows my location as of Friday at 12:00 pm.

The only error that I get is if I try and modify the charge schedule, it tries for a couple of minutes then it says "Failed to Update Schedule, please try again later".

Hondalink modify.jpg

17. LAF

LAF Active Member

EARTH TO HONDA- FIX THIS ASAP!!!!!

18. Ohliuw

Ohliuw Active Member

Mine seems to work fine when pulling data - eg charging status (in Canada), but I couldn’t start the climate this morning (it was 3C this AM)

19. izudin

izudin Member

MA
    Doesn't work for me since Thursday. It shows the car location and status as of 09/05/2019 at 09:36 PM

20. Chuck

Chuck Member

Mine has been updating fine, last update an hour ago. In Portland Oregon area in case that matters

21. Has anyone actually called Honda about this?

22. RobinBrain

RobinBrain Member

Just got off the phone with support and it's a known issue with clarity. Update should be out later today or tomorrow