What did you do to your Clarity today?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by fotomoto, Apr 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

Fun! I've done similar, taking a walk around the campus of a University on Sunday (free L2, only one or no other cars on Sunday).

These 2 hour limits make no sense to me. I you have a BEV (e.g. BOLT or LEAF), you might need more time to continue on your way. Since BOLT, I rarely charge on the road, almost as if celebrating the freedom of PHEV. I know it's backwards (the whole PHEV transition thing), all I can say is it was a great relief coming back to Clarity.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mike J

Mike J Member

Hey, curious how that's going for you? Their screenshot shows Spotify & Waze? Does it really allow you to install these apps?

4. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Spotify and Waze can be run using Android Auto and Apple CarPlay you don't need Honda Hack. I think Honda Hack has them on there for cars that don't support Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.

5. Mike J

Mike J Member

Gotcha! Thanks for the reply!

6. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Sorry Mike, I don't know as I haven't tried installing them. Like I said, getting rid of the Honda liability warning screen at every startup was worth the purchase price alone. :confused:

Mike J likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mike J

Mike J Member

Thank you.

9. Hoon

Hoon Member

Rattles from a two month old car. I removed the front side A pillar cover (touching the windshield) and added some padding material to remove rattles coming from that area. Much easier to work with than a 2015 Mini Hardtop or Mazda CX-5. I even pre-routed my dash cam wires while at it.

F2BF6469-BBD2-4072-AD52-D170943931DC.jpeg EB89880A-DB80-4796-92F0-6EAA8857E531.jpeg

10. ukemike

ukemike New Member

I drove mine to work and back home powered entirely by sunlight that shone down on earth yesterday.

11. SoapOpera

SoapOpera New Member

do you have a video of how to do this? I have the same issue and my local honda dealer cant figure it out. they even replaced the entire A pillar cover but still rattles on rough road.

i am concerned about damaging airbag or speaker wiring if I do not do this correctly.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

If you can, check to see if the rattle is the round tweeter moving around in its plastic socket at the bottom of the pillar. If you have someone riding along with you, have them put their fingers or palm on it when you expect a rattle sound and see if it stops.

If it is just you, one possible way to check for tweeter rattle when parked, is just to gently try moving the tweeter up and down and/or side to side by its small round metal grill in the plastic A pillar socket (it just snaps in from behind) and see if there is any play. If the tweeter is the problem, it should be easy to move it by pushing sideways or up/dn on the metal grill.

Mine was so bad, once I understood the source of the rattle sound, I could literally see it moving in a rattle by watching the little round grill move when hitting a bump.

If it is the tweeter, consider just taking it back and show the dealer what the problem is.

Otherwise, there are threads that describe the A pillar removal (but, no videos yet), just pop the rectangular cover at the top (does not come out all the way) with a plastic trim tool, I found pulling out (pull down) a section of the weather stripping helped, then just gently pull / pry the cover off from the top and mid sections first (preferably with plastic trim tools). There is a small locating tab at the bottom of the A pillar which seats in a small mating slot in the plastic parts below. It can take a fair amount of force to pull out the fasteners. If in doubt, just get the dealer to do their job correctly (but, nothing wrong with showing them the exact cause of the rattle, if you know it).

If you search on tweeter, there are a number of threads on the A pillar tweeter rattle, as well as posts that list all the known common sources of Clarity rattles by @KentuckyKen .

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  14. SoapOpera

SoapOpera New Member

I suspect my rattle is coming out of tweeter. have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow so i guess i will go to them and see what they can do.

15. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Drove it up a steep mountain road to about 10,000 feet/3,000 meters in HV mode; no drama.

IMG_5173.jpg

16. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Added a finger print resistive screen protector to the center screen.

Previous low rated reviews (maybe folks here?) reported poor sizing but I found the sample I received was a near perfect fit. Maybe there's a new template being used after those complaints (?). It is much more finger print resistive than the OEM surface (YES!), no reduction in sensitivity and installation was easy with no bubbles (TIP: install with doors closed to reduce dust).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H32GSY6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

IMG_5328.jpeg

IMG_5319.jpeg

Teslawannabe likes this.
  17. TomL

TomL Active Member

This has been my experience as well.

18. cokeb5

cokeb5 Member

Did they find it and get it fixed for you? Was it the tweeter?

19. ukemike

ukemike New Member

I got my HOV lane stickers and applied them, then I drove through the carpool lane at the toll plaza and got my first 50% toll discount. Without the stickers I paid about $1500 per year in bridge tolls, now it'll be about $750.

Oh! I paid my gas credit card bill. It used to be about $200 a month. It was $20 last month. I should switch my chargepoint account to that CC to be consistent, I bet I spent at least $6 with chargepoint last month.

I put on one of those tempered glass covers over my screen a few weeks back. I didn't take the factory plastic off until I was ready to put the glass on, so it was pretty easy to clean. It took a few tries to get it done with no bubbles, but I got it and it's good. I don't think the cover glass has anti-glare coating and it isn't fingerprint resistant. Oh well.

Central Penn and fotomoto like this.
  20. SoapOpera

SoapOpera New Member

Yes, replacing the tweeter fixed it.

21. Lucien Mcleod

Lucien Mcleod Member

Adjustments.JPG
    Washed her nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Mowcowbell likes this.
  22. Lucien Mcleod

Lucien Mcleod Member

Mowcowbell likes this.
  23. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Wiped down both my electric and gas ports after a car wash. Lots of nooks and crannies but overall the plastic is easy to wipe down quickly and the j1772 receptacle part is well protected/sealed by the built in cover. Good to stay ahead of the game.

IMG_5485.jpeg

Also added a cheap sticky phone pad that works much better than expected. Large phone never budges when mounted horizontally like this. Vertically? Nah, I wouldn't trust it.

IMG_5484.jpeg

Teslawannabe and TomL like this.