Hondalink: how to de-authorize a user?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Moolie, Jul 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Moolie

Moolie New Member

My dealer got me all connected to the Hondalink app, I'm not very tech savvy. I was then showing my new Clarity to my ex husband and he somehow set himself up with access to my car also. I want to de-authorize him, is there a not too difficult way to do this? Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AlAl

AlAl Active Member

Did he set himself up with the HondaLink app, or was he simply trying out the CarPlay/AndroidAuto feature, where his phone displays on the car's screen?
    If it's HondaLink, make sure you arent using a password he knows, or if it was written down by the dealership employee somewhere. I'd change that password ASAP, since you can retrieve the car's location, remote-start, etc.. with that app.

Otherwise, if he was simply pairing his phone to the car to check out the interface, it wont really affect you, other than his phone occupying a slot in the paired devices list. You should be able to remove his phone by going into the Settings>Smartphone menu of the infotainment

4. Moolie

Moolie New Member

Thanks for that. I"m not as concerned with local connectivity as I am with those other things you mentioned; location tracking, remote start, etc.

5. bfd

bfd Active Member

Change the password… ?

6. AlAl

AlAl Active Member

It's also possible he added himself as a driver. At the top of HondaLink app, tap "Clarity Plug-In Hybrid" > then the "i" with the circle around it > Manage > Drivers. If he added himself as a driver, it would be there. Otherwise, change the password, and hope the app updates so he gets booted out.

Clarity_Newbie likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Change the password

9. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Change the password immediately. He could be using the app to track where you are going with the vehicle.

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Wait. Before changing your password, park near your ex's best friend's house for a while to get that location into the system.

Mowcowbell and 2002 like this.