Chrome Grill Delete

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hobbesgsr, Mar 11, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

I guess if the thief was too lazy to go out into a parking lot and take a photo of any random license plate.

I think it's the same with VIN numbers, people block those out in photos, and yet anyone who wants to do whatever bad things with VIN numbers just has to walk out into the parking lot and get as many as they want by looking at the base of the windshield of any car.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Probably won't be many random Claritys in the parking lot, however. I was postulating the ticket-writer might have access to a database of what kind of car each license plate is linked to. OK, my scenario has stretched too far now. I give up.

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

It is not a long term solution especially on the front or anything subject to a lot of wear (wheels, etc). BTDT

Boston_Pilot likes this.
  5. Walt R

Walt R Active Member

In the last few days I saw a program where they blurred out the license plate of a taxi they were using - while the taxicab commission identifier for the vehicle was plainly visible on the roof. Seems to me if I wanted to find that taxi, I'd use the taxi registration before using the license plate.

6. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

@Kevin Kim

Hey all, I might be interested in front chrome delete, I am just wondering how it is done since the chrome goes into the actual headlight assembly. Did the shops need to disassemble the headlight? If that's the case, I will not do it as many times the light is then compromised and will fog up etc.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Eddgie

Eddgie Active Member

Most people seem to be having it vinyl wrapped, but if it were me, I would just do Plasti-dip. Easy to do at home and less than $15.

The trick to Plasti-dim is to dust on the first couple of coats (not full coverage, just a slight mist). Putting on a couple of dust coats makes it very easy to peel off the Plasti-dip later. If you start with thick coats, it won't peel off easily. Dust coat though, get a little corner up, and the whole thing will peel off in one piece.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  9. Jp777

Jp777 New Member

How much does he charge? I'm in socal also.

10. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

You didn't want to do the pillars?

11. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

A job like this will most likely be $300-400

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. d99

d99 Member

Great suggestion. The back end of the car is no triumph of design. It's less busy without the Honda emblem. A word of caution. If you scrape it off the glass, be very careful. The emblem is well anchored. I used a razor blade to take it off. Part way through the project, the razor blade slipped and cut my hand badly. It was a very bloody mess requiring 11 stitches at the Emergency Clinic. There will be a scar.

The car looks much better without the emblem, but it wasn't worth 11 stitches.