Does anyone have instructions on how to remove door panels and front tweeters?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by dannieboiz, Apr 28, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. dannieboiz

dannieboiz New Member

I remember someone posting instructions on how to remove the door panels but I can't find it anymore.

I got some component speakers for the front and is trying to find the wiring diagram so I don't have to run new wires from the door to the pilars.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

+1

I realized I've got some brand new 6.5's still sitting in the box that I got for another vehicle but sold before installation. The A-pillar covers should just pry off with care.

4. dannieboiz

dannieboiz New Member

Took all but about 10 minute to pop open the door panel. Pry up the window switch, unplug the two cables and one philip screw holding it together and just pop it out. This reminds me so much of my high school days upgrading my Acura audio system. It's still as easy as ever popping these things out. The hardest part is the 3 clips where the door handle is. It feels like it's screwed in but it's just 3 clips, u gotta pry it out carefully.

The pilar has the fat SRS logo onit, Idid not want to pry to hard. I'm able to peak inside and can see the tap but did not have my pry tool to reach in there.

But most importantly, I wonder if the stock speakers already have crossovers. Makes it easy if they're full range and the cross over are built into the speakers. However, looking at the 6.5" speaker I did not see a Xover. I also did not one to see any wires creeping through the door jams.

5. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

6. dannieboiz

dannieboiz New Member

Thanks, I've actually went through every page of that thread a couple times. I got some JBL Club6500 components but it has external xover. I just ordered some JL C1 to simplify the installation since it has inline xover for the tweeter. Saves me from snaking new wires up to the pilars.

7. To remove this ad click here.