HondaLink App Update

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by vicw, Mar 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JimW

JimW Active Member

I have Galaxy S8+ running Android version 9. I went into settings/apps/Hondalink and turned on notifications. I now get charge complete notifications. I also see upcoming events from my Google calendar in the Hondalink app. (Don't really see the utility in that.) The odometer reading updates correctly - much better than in the previous version. And the location of my car map feature (which was always wrong) is removed. Find my car, under "remote commands", seems to work.

New version seems to work fine for me, even though it did not add any new functionality.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

I am 100 miles from home and they are experiencing widespread power outages there due to the recent storm (400 power poles down; will take a while to fix). I had the idea to use the HondaLink app to find out if there is power at my home. It says "plugged in" which is a good sign but not sure how to interpret the range information. I've had no issues previous to this with it reporting accurate range information.
    IMG_0944.jpg

4. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

What was the latest update time on your app? And where does the "11:34" time come from? Is that in your app or phone?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

5. kunz427

kunz427 Member

I have Galaxy Note8 running Android version 9. I no longer see any charging info or remote CC. Screen shot attached. I've tried re installing the app but same issue persists. In my notification panel I have a "connecting to vehicle" pop up which stays on all the time. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

6. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

There should be a dismiss button. As you, connecting vehicle just spins and spins and doesn't do anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. kunz427

kunz427 Member

Yeah I can do that but I still dont see any charging info or remote CC like I used to

9. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Swipe down from the top and it will refresh and show EV and HV mileage, along with EV%.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

10. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

Happens to me all the time. Do a find my car through the app and the battery should refresh after a few minutes.

11. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I had an incident today at work. I was plugged in, but they cut power to the outlet where I was plugged in, as they were working on an electrical panel.

My car still showed plugged in, but not charging. When I tried to start charging, I got an error. It wasn't until I actually got to my car that I discovered that the outlet was dead.

I moved to a new place in the parking garage, and plugged in to a working outlet, then all was good.

It is a possibility that the power is out with the weather issues?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MNSteve

To update this,
    There is power, looks like there has been power.

I tried "Find my car". At first it said it couldn't find it. Then after a few minutes it said "Location updated". But the display of range still says zero and fully charged. I will drive the car and see if that fixes things. I've had no issues with the app until now. This is the current version of the Apple app.

14. Mine did this a few days ago, but Find My Car also stopped working ... always said the car car couldn’t be located, though it was sitting it my garage as usual. I deleted the app (iPhone) and reinstalled and everything started working again.

15. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

When i open honda link a few days ago a window popped up and said updated required to continue to use this app. The small soc bar has no segments but acts more like a thermometer and slowly fill the bar as the soc increases. It does show the percent of charge at the top. I liked the look of the old app better.

16. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Thanks. I wanted to know to help me decide whether to get the update, but I accidentally did an update all and got it and then had to get the newest mandatory update.

I like the thermometer style with more detail than the segments and the newest update returned the % SOC (yay!) but I lost the odometer update.
    Well, after 2 weeks of complaining here and gnashing of teeth at home, it’s started updating the odometer regularly. Don’t know why or what did it, but I did try all the suggestions posted here.
    So I’m back to happy camper status again.

ClarityMTL and neal adkins like this.
  17. Savido

Savido New Member

Yep, I tried that but thanks for the suggestion. I have not worried too much about the mileage being accurate because it isn’t information I need when away from the car. I just like when things work the way they’re designed.

18. MNSteve

I'm pretty sure it's a combination of the way you're holding your nose and the relative humidity.

Pegsie and KentuckyKen like this.
  19. KentuckyKen

Don’t forget the Coriolis effect and the possibility of drunken Honda engineers at Karaoke night thinking how funny it would be to add a random number generator to some of the algorithms.

tom kirshbaum likes this.
  20. MNSteve

I honestly believe that there is plausibility to the random-number theory. I have a mental image of Honda engineers reading this very forum as entertainment.

tom kirshbaum and Richard_arch74 like this.
  21. MNSteve

Last update. I drove the car and everything in the HondaLink app seems to be back to normal. Go figure.

22. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

ANYBODY! - Hondalink is now in miles only - but car is correctly in kilometers. called support and they told me to 'connect to the car'.
    Did all that; deleted app; rebooted car, rebooted phone, re-downloaded app, restarted car, hondalink (car) connected, hondalink (app) connected, logged-n;
    and voila MILES !! :-( :-( .. does anyone know how to get the app to be in kilometers ? Thanks

23. KentuckyKen

On an iPhone, Honda Link displays the distance and temperature in the same units as the phone is set to. It doesn’t get that info from the car.
    So go to Settings, General, Language and Region. Then select Canada and you will get HL in kilometers and Centigrade.
    Sorry, but I don’t know how to do this on an Android phone.

PS: I refuse to trust any system of measurement that’s so easy even a 3rd grader can do it.
    Let’s see, 2 ft 3 15/16 inches minus 1 ft 5 3/4 inches is ..., wait, wait, I’ve almost got it... there’s how many feet in a mile and ...
    Well, at least when my doctor weighs me in kilograms, I feel lighter since it’s a smaller and less embarrassing number.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    MPower and JJim like this.