When did you guys get the federal credit after filing your returns?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JulianClarity, Mar 21, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. graure

graure Member

I e-filed in Feb and got my refund with Clarity credit 24 days later.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

Filed mid February electronically, got my refund with EV tax credit 2 weeks later.

4. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Didn’t see a cent of my $7500. My disability retirement income is not taxed and my wife’s business income is taxed differently so we couldn’t apply the credit to it, either :(. Thankfully, we live in Colorado and will see a $4500 refund thanks to the State credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

No IRAs you could convert to Roth IRAs?

6. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

My wife and I did take full advantage of the 7500 credit, weighted down mainly due to loss of so called SALT write off in the new tax rules.
    i.e. for those who don't know, Oregon has substantial state income tax and property tax which we used to be able to write off entirely on federal taxes and now is 10K max. Property taxes alone can be 5K-10K. i.e. A 900 sq ft house here in Eugene near the college is $4700 per year. Anyway it all gets personal fast with tax credit. I did get my refund within 3 weeks of filing, just not the amount I had thought I would get. i.e. I didn't track the tax changes this year and how they effect me hardly at all. But glad I had the tax credit for sure.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Thomas Mitchell

Nope.

9. 10sqmiles

10sqmiles New Member

Any other options for manufacturing income, capital gains for example?

10. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Depreciating instead of expensing investment in your wife's busines?

11. Thomas Mitchell

Appreciate the ideas, but our accountant has worked it all over and...zip. To be honest, having a minimal tax burden is not really a bad thing but it’s too bad the credit is not refundable!

MPower likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. lordsutch

lordsutch Member

I e-filed on February 23 using H&R Block's software and received the direct deposit of my refund on March 12.