Taking Pre-Orders in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MCSqrd, Jul 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Wayne Warde

Wayne Warde Active Member

I think that if I were the only of a dealership I would order a couple extra . It would make good business sense.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

Seems very unwise for Hyundai Canada to have models for sale when we don't have our cars yet when we ordered in July. Creates very bad feelings imo.

Brennan Raposo and Wayne Warde like this.
  4. I think the ship has sailed as far as them caring about our feelings, don't you? And, by the way I've never received a response from the CEO, from the PR head or Customer relations head. Or even the customer service line for that matter!

Domenick, CJC and Wayne Warde like this.
  5. Wayne Warde

That is very poor treatment very very poor . Any other business would understand the importance of customer service .

6. zoominbc

zoominbc Active Member

I don’t think the dealers were allowed to order extra cars. I think these were cancelled orders, Hyundai were supposed to announce pricing in September before the cars were built so that people who pre-ordered could confirm and get their VIN number. However Hyundai waited until January to set the price and this led to quite a few cancellations.

Wayne Warde likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Spot on.

Wayne Warde likes this.
  9. Brennan Raposo

Brennan Raposo Well-Known Member

Shawn, who's your insurance with?

I have a perfectly clean record with no convictions and no accidents. Mine went from $107/month with my 14' Santa Fe to $154/month with the Kona. No clue why - perhaps just replacement value alone? Going from a sub $40,000 car to a over $60,000 car.

Wayne Warde likes this.
  10. You need to shop around. My Fiat is worth nothing and was 20k new in 2012. The Kona has the same premium at 3 times the price. I'm currently with Unifund.

Shawn Schinkel likes this.
  11. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

Well my car is finally in (Ceramic Blue). I'm picking it up at the dealer at 4PM today. He says they got a bunch in today, and have had a few cancellations, but didn't know if they will be allowed to sell those cars or if they have to ship them back to Hyundai.
    It sure has been a long wait.
    Duncan, BC

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Congrats and thanks for letting us know where you are.

Brennan Raposo and Wayne Warde like this.
  14. zoominbc

zoominbc Active Member

I’m sure you will love it.

15. Hi Brennan,

I'm with Allstate Insurance but we have a special group rate through my workplace. I believe I pay $104/month for my 2017 Volt Premier and my wife's 2012 Grand Caravan combined.

I'm guessing some providers maybe have no idea so just give stupid rates lol

Brennan Raposo likes this.
  16. Mdsweb

Mdsweb Member

After reading all these posts about insurance issues, I thought I should make the call and share my 'damage'.... so mine will go up about $150 per year (from an 09 Element) - which is about what I expected. I'm with Desjardins.

Wayne Warde likes this.
  17. Wayne Warde

When did you order yours?
    We were told by our dealer that only the gray ones and the white ones would be supplied first and if you wanted anything different then they would be making those in the fall of 2019.

Wildeyed likes this.
  18. Woah! In a sea of wrong things dealers have said that is one of the wrongest! All colors are being delivered. The only color restriction is that since the Preferred trim is delayed the white and black roofs are not currently offered as that option is only available in that trim.

19. Wayne Warde

Ha ha ha how do get there information . Dummies

20. Brennan Raposo

Brennan Raposo Well-Known Member

I just got a quote through Unifund (Johnson) and it was insanely high. Was quoted $146/month with Aviva. They quoted me $227! Jeeeze. Will continue to shop :)

Wayne Warde likes this.
  21. Yikes! They must like me.

22. Wayne Warde

That is way over the top !!!!

23. Mdsweb

Mdsweb Member

That's just plain unfair and wrong! Looks like some insurance companies are treating EV's differently than ICE vehicles. Depending on your record and where you live you should be closer to $100-$125/month - (with a clean record if you live outside the city).

Wayne Warde likes this.