clarity lock has no beep and no light flash

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by sean0335, Dec 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sean0335

sean0335 New Member

Today when I click lock button on remote control, my clarity has no beep and no light flash. Unlock works fine. It worked before. Any setting is wrong or the car has problem? I didn't change vehicle setting recently. It is new 2018 clarity.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

We had that same problem with our 2010 Insight. The hood-closed sensor was broken. Check to make sure your hood and trunk are closed.

4. sean0335

sean0335 New Member

I know it is really locked. It just doesn't beep and flash light.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Our 2010 Insight really locked. It just didn't beep and flash light until we got the hood-closed sensor fixed. The lights always flashed when we unlocked the car even when the hood-closed sensor was broken. The behavior of your Clarity exactly matches the behavior of our 2010 Insight when its hood is not latched. Your dealer will be able to diagnose the problem easily.

6. Eddie t

Eddie t New Member

Hey there buddy, hope your problem was fixed. I had the exact same problem, and i was going to get it checked by the dealership, but before i could go, out of my frustration, i repeatedly locked and unlocked my car, using the key control, like 20 times, and it randomly started working. Hope this helps!

7. To remove this ad click here.