Anyone store / charge their clarity outside?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ada, Dec 12, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Ada

Ada New Member

Love my clarity but confused about whether storing it in the sun/heat or cold actually damages it and the battery.

I am looking to move and I live in DC - a city with few garages AND a wide temperature range.

I read the manual on this but wondered if anyone had firsthand knowledge or experience. I am wondering how much consideration I should put into moving into a place with a garage.

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tahuna

Tahuna Member

I'm in the California central valley - summer highs over 100, winter lows around 30. My car lives and charges in the driveway, and I haven't had any trouble with it at all.

4. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

I'm in Baltimore and charge/store overnight every night in my driveway. Having read about this, and owned Honda Civic hybrids for 16 years, I'm not worried (that said, would love a garage).

Sent using Inside EVs mobile app

5. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

My car lives in an unheated garage in MN where the temperature can drop below 0°F. No issues other than a cold battery provides lousy EV range.

6. Johnhaydev

Johnhaydev Active Member

I live in the Palm Springs, CA area: temps get to over 110F in summer and stay hot at night. no problem charging the car even when weather is hot. When the weather is hot and you are charging the car, it runs fans to keep to battery somewhat cooler.

7. To remove this ad click here.