Update on Ontario EV rebate delays

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mikep00, Nov 15, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

I had a productive conversation with a manager administering the program.

Doug Ford has gutted their resources to process the rebates: they have 4 people (total, management included) to process all of the rebates.

Just to mid-June there is a backlog of 3,500 rebates, but once the final numbers come in probably closer to double that.

I have been told ‘best case’ the team can process 25/day but usually 15 on average.

Do the math and see just how long the delays are becoming!!! I’ve waited 5 months and am looking at possibly 6 months more.

I posted a tweet to try and make the issue more public. Please consider retweeting to motivate Doug Ford to put this issue to bed, process the rebates, and move on.

https://twitter.com/michael54314745/status/1062699366895575042?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

Thanks for digging into this and sharing. Insanity.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Along with ending EV rebates and other ecologically sound programs, didn't Ford promise reduced taxes on beer? How's that going?

5. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

He followed through with those promises. The tax reduction was actually just a cancellation of a planned tax increase (he followed through).

He also now allows beer to be sold at $1/bottle if anyone wants to make cheap garbage. But the only people willing to drink buck a beer are those who probably shouldn’t be drinking at all. For normal beer drinkers, this change does affect their beer prices.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Where do I click "I Don't Like" on this forum?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. theskydiveguy

theskydiveguy New Member

Hi Guys,

I have been following along with much interest. As suggested by another poster, I contacted my MPP and two days later (today) received an email claiming that my application had been approved and processed and would take 10 - 15 days for payment.

I applied August 22, 2018.

Best of luck!

9. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

Received my EHVIP approval confirmation today!!! I submitted mine July 6. Woohoo !