Gas station

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Green thumb, Oct 19, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Green thumb

Green thumb New Member

just filled up the car for the first time. Had car for 3 weeks used 1/2 tank. It felt strange to pump gas. Noxious fumes, dirty pump, greasy floor, ice cars all around me pumping fumes into the air. Glad i dont need to do this often.
    By the way my hv range showed 360 miles after fill up. Not sure how accurate that is considering i only drove 900 miles.

leehinde likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Heino

Heino Active Member

I have had my Clarity for about 7 weeks now, and have not been to a gas station yet. I hate gas stations and avoid them as much as possible. It's not until one drives a hybrid or PHEV etc. until one realizes how inconvenient and old tech gas stations are.

I believe the 360 mile range after fill-up is the max range between EV and HV.

Domenick and Green thumb like this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I seem to remember you used to drive a Civic Hybrid so our experiences are similar. For the past 19 years I've enjoyed visiting a gas station less than a dozen times a year with my two gen-1 Insights. I smugly enjoyed asking people how much of their life they spent seeking out and standing around in gas stations. After going 10 months in our Clarity PHEV before its first visit to a gas station, my 60+ mpg Insight feels like a gas guzzler. Now the smug question I ask people is even more cogent.

Edit: Right now I'm watching a video of a carjacking that happened tonight at a Detroit gas station. Just sayin'.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  5. chris5168

chris5168 Member

First gas station visit after 30 days of ownership/1750 miles on L1 charging. Level2 getting installed next week, currently rarely have 100% battery leaving house. I was aiming for 1/2 tank but overshot that with my whopping 5 gallons. Premium was a habit with old car.
    DA2E5CD9-2F65-450D-909B-2CCAC6E5FF9D.jpeg

Candice likes this.
  6. jray19

jray19 Member

I've purchased 10.3 gallons of gas in over 4019 miles driven. So mostly EV miles. On the two fillups I've had HV range showed 387 miles 376 miles so it is estimating about 53-55 mpg for the 7 gallon tank. On my HV trips (not a lot of data yet for me) after doing some math to remove EV miles rom the trip computer estimate I would get estimates of 53+ mpg in the HV mode so I suspect that is how the car is arriving at the HV miles after a fill up. This is just speculation on my part based on my 3 shorter trips (50 to 100 miles HV use) using HV mode.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. lessismore

lessismore Member

I asked my daughter to use HV mode a couple of weeks ago to burn the original tank of gas in case it gets stale. Finally filled the tank when we came back from a weekend trip. $18 for the entire tank (I went a bit overboard to add premium). it's insane. I am used to 70 ~ 80-buck fills with my SUV. I think I am going PHEV/BEV after I sell this car (which I start working on my own a couple of years ago when the maintenance plan expired). I won't get to work on the EVs, however, until I feel comfortable with high voltages.

9. Front Row

Front Row Member

Purchased the car June 15th still have not been to a gas station. 4600 miles. I'm trying to get at lest 6 months gas station free.

10. Vezz66

Vezz66 Member

I like it that the tank is not huge.

First, it is surprisingly quick to fill, and you don’t empty your wallet to do so. Compared to my HV, last time it was about half empty, and cost twice as much. Only 28$ last time.

You don’t need to carry extra weight of a larger tank.

I hate going to buy gas. Last time for the Clarity was a month ago, but I might top it off just because prices are low these past few weeks (1.20 per litre). And to track MPG.

11. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

My kids live about 100 miles away and I've made a few trips to see them, so I've also made a few trips to the gas station. (regular unleaded...). I'm proud that I'm currently 1,000 miles into my current tank of gas, which is a little under half full.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

2k mikes and 6 gallons of gas. One downside to skipping the fill-ups is that my windshield is a lot dirtier since I forget to clean it! :)