Front passenger door not closing properly

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by amy2421, Sep 15, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Our car (#1224) must have been put together by the designers before they handed assembly over to the line (not really). Our doors close easily with a satisfying sound and the trunk closes with just a quick pull down on the inside handle. I'm surprised at the variability of these low-volume Japanese-built Hondas.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ido

ido New Member

Asked my dealer to check the issue. My service advisor initially said it is unusual and he would try to fix it. When I picked up the car, they said that there is no fix since it is the same with another car of the same year model. I guess it is common for our car.

4. Claire Green

Claire Green Member

ours is the same, wife has to close her door twice almost each and every time. But we attribute this to being new and hopefully when the door seals age a little it will close normally. Might try opening the window next time to see if that helps.

5. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

BTW, as I posted, we had the same issue when new. Yesterday, when my son left the car, he closed the passenger door so lightly that I thought for sure it was not fully closed. It was.

Claire Green likes this.
  6. Yonno

Yonno New Member

Just to add to the pile. I have experienced this issue since I got my Clarity in May. Doesn’t seem to have improved - but I now know to give it a bit more force when I close that passenger door.

7. To remove this ad click here.