Self Driving Apple car gets Rear Ended by Nissan Leaf

Discussion in 'General' started by David Green, Aug 31, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Here's a link to the accident report. The most interesting part, aside from perfect daytime conditions, was the car was going less than 1 mile per hour.

4. David Green

That is very slow.... The major problem with autonomous cars, they do not drive like a human. Did you notice the California DMV has "Autonomous" as a mode on their form?

5. I did notice that. I guess they've been dealing with them a while now.

6. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

You mean they don't talk on the cell phone, drive or roll through stop lights and signs, ride the bumper of the vehicle ahead of it, drive aggressively and so on.

Anyhow, what does the stock price of Tesla have to do with the idiot running into the self-driving Apple car? This is an Apple story! More click bait for Business Insider?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. David Green

I have to think that has something to do with all the chatter of folks wanting Apple to buy Tesla... Which I do not think is going to happen, with Warren Buffet clearly saying he would object to that several times this last week, and since Berkshire is a large Apple shareholder, I am sure Tim Cook listens to what WB says.

9. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Then were is the link to the Apple stock price? This is an Apple story. Frankly, it just seems like it's more of Business Insider's Tesla click bait.

10. David Green

Sure... They are a business that survives on clicks... Apple's price is up at an all time high, Tesla is struggling on its share price, so more bad news for them to report.