I-Pace sets stock production EV track record at Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'I-Pace' started by David Green, Aug 23, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TeslaInvestors

TeslaInvestors Active Member

So when is the I-pace going on sale in the US? When do first US deliveries begin?
    Do we know about how many Jaguar is expecting to sell in US?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  4. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

I do not think Jaguar has officially given a date, at the March unveil they said deliveries would begin in Summer 2018, so by my math they have about 22 more days to start deliveries before the car is officially late. I know from looking at Q2 financials both for Tata, and Magna, I see about 200M in finished goods inventory growth that is not explained, and Magna stated that I-Pace ramp started slower then expected due to supply issue, but has been progressing. Rumors are that Jaguar has a software update coming any day, that they want loaded before deliveries start. BTW, I get to drive I-pace tomorrow

I would think total USA sales of I-Pace will be <10K annually, and over half are allocated to CA... They are going to be rare, I would be surprised if you see any in the middle of the country. The I-Pace's slated for Google of course are additional

5. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Great on the Google front. But again econo box rear end styling, horrible efficiency (46kwh a 100 miles,) compliance car numbers, legendary Jaguar lack of quality, and going to be stomped by Model 3 P at Laguna in a moment. Not a Tesla competitor.