Competition range contest of Mini Cooper SE who takes a challenge?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Rexsio, Apr 30, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Could be a crazy idea but I’m bored and if we are driving SE I would’ve have a statistic who can post a picture with biggest number of milages on a single charge.Proof Will be a picture of your odometer without any technological skills to post fake pictures as someone Puppthead put my cat in driver seat I love it and as we know we can’t beat @ Puppethad with milages I believe over 80000 miles for now .Congratulations! I start with my milages @ Rexsio. for now as starting point if you are lover milages and disappointed of your SE you can post a lowest milages to fight competition backwards and a winer will be highest / lowest milages to be IMG_1436.jpeg champion of beloved Mini Cooper SE .

jakesmini likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

No pics, but with the return of warmer weather I am back to getting excellent range, covering the last 51 miles while using only 29% of the battery.

It would probably be even better if I hadn't gotten pissed off this morning at the bro dozer riding my bumper and flashing their lights because I was laying back a bit from the string of four cars following the dump truck ahead of me. My solution was to take the right turn into the right hand lane of the ramp at 35 while he (and everyone else) trundled around it into the left hand lane at 15. I then took advantage of the open space in front of me and hit the interstate going 80 a quarter mile ahead of everyone.

I wonder what folks think when you disappear in the blink of an eye like that?

insightman likes this.
  4. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I do the same to all morons on a road who think small car as SE can’t move as a rocket

CuriousGeorge likes this.
  5. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

We were in Ottawa Ontario all weekend. Left around 7pm Sunday night. Did a 100% charge curbside 202.3 km from Little Italy to our house in Montreal arrived at 13% SOC. Was going 105kph most of the way with bursts to 115 at times. Thats our best run ever on that route.

teslarati97 likes this.
  6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

That is pretty much 5 mi/kWh efficiency for highway driving! What kind of magic ceramic coating do you have on your vehicle??

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

IMG_2311.jpeg
    No idea but even going up on Saturday it was really good. But we took highway 17 to the EV meet. They had never seen a Mini Electric before

9. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

IMG_1438.jpeg
    203 km/is 126.1373 miles which I did with 75 miles highway and the rest city driving 2-5 miles distance like 10 times from garage starting a SE 10-15 times is a pic . Of that driving if do only Highway im sure I will in 140 miles range 16” Hankooks .ATTACH=full]22595[/ATTACH]

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  10. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

IMG_1443.jpeg IMG_0407.jpeg IMG_0405.jpeg
    I replace my car shield / car enclosure from factory carboard without any aerodynamic/ bulky design to aloud flow of the air under a car with bulletproof proof LEXAN . Pictures with masking tape are just for purposes to see a shape bc is clear like glass LEXAN you can’t see without a tape what is there and I’m sure this make my SE more aerodynamic passing air

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  11. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

The best and cheapest Ceramics coating from Harbor Freight I ever used and so easy to apply IMG_1442.jpeg

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. jakesmini

jakesmini Member

I will have double check, definitely gained efficiency after lowering the car. Sounds like a fun challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It's great you're keeping track of drives like this and that you're getting the new electric Fiat 500e so you can compare the two for us.

15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

A story for MINI Cooper SE drivers testing the maximum range

Nearly 18 years ago, a group of hypermiling enthusiasts drove a gen-1 Honda Insight 2,254.4 miles on a single tankful of gasoline. By limiting their speed to an average of 18.5 mph, they achieved an astounding 164.315 mpg on a closed route (ie. they didn't start on a mountaintop and drive down to Death Valley).

These dedicated hypermilers chose the flattest closed route they could find—it was in Tonkawa, Oklahoma. The elevation along their closed route varied by about 100 feet. Here’s the flat-looking part of their route they named “Heartbreak Ridge,” because it was so disappointing to watch their gas mileage on the Insight’s Fuel Consumption Display (FCD) take a hit every time they “climbed” that hill.

upload_2024-5-7_11-41-38.png

Obviously, someone charging their MINI Electric at the top of a mountain will find a downhill route that blows away the range achievable by anyone following a route that ends where it began. So whomever wants to claim the record should be required to drive a relatively flat closed course.

Pilot Travel Center #1004 in Tonkawa, Oklahoma, is planning to install a charging station. A nearby MINI Electric owner with lots of time to kill should try out the route this hypermiling Honda Insight followed (the map is in the article linked above). The drive in a MINI Electric should take much less time than the 122 hours these Insight drivers spent setting their 164-mpg record.

16. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Yesterday was my first "summer" run, where the weather was warm enough all day for efficient operation. I didn't set out to go that far, but this was a regular day for me. Not as impressive as @Rexsio but I spent much of the time on the freeway so I think it's pretty good. And way above the official range of 110 miles (I had 30% SoC left). MiniRange app computed total range would have been 152 miles (5.26 mi/kWh).

SE 106.4 miles.jpeg

insightman likes this.
  17. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

All my driving is on SPORT mode only and I don’t try to hypermiling my miles if the SE don’t have SPORT mode I don’t be owning SE and bc I don’t pay for electricity I always drive as car is stolen.Your milages 84046 is impressive.