Service Interval Reset?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by rhysaveryrb, Aug 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rhysaveryrb

rhysaveryrb New Member

I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to reset the service interval warning? I know I'm under warranty for a few more years but afterwards I'd rather just change my own brake fluid, cabin filter, etc instead of going to the dealer. Every time I google this question, I just see results for resetting the service/oil light on the ICE Mini Cooper. I'm assuming the procedure would be the same but just curious to know if folks on here know or have reset this own their own SE?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone has had their SE long enough to attempt this.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The 2-year service warning now comes on whenever I power up my SE. I'll probably get tired of seeing the warning while I wait months for the over-scheduled MINI mechanic(s?) at Motor City MINI to get around to changing my perfectly fine brake fluid. The instructions I found online for resetting an ICE MINI's oil-change warning involved inserting and turning the ignition key. Clearly, I didn't look hard enough.

5. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Try to research BMW I 3 on you tube bc car is since 2014 I’m sure i read about resetting interval maintenance but at a time I don’t need and I don’t pay much attention but for sure is there and you have to use a button on the end of turning signal I’m assuming will be the same sequence for SE .once I sold my I 3 the last maintenance I didn’t reset a setting.

6. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Research bmw i3 forum bc is more information there they try to hide everything on SE ..

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Like I suggested in my post about I find something on I 3 forum maybe this help DCE4EB31-2A35-4286-BEF3-98465875286D.jpeg

9. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

From you tube 002A8152-7C70-4A99-BA48-808090DD310E.jpeg 03615AF9-017D-454A-9D8B-7BF99975FE1D.jpeg 8180A2A3-C97B-4A6B-8099-EE4B8D3BCF6F.jpeg

10. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Is two batons on turning signal and on top of top display I could be wrong which one you play with?

11. rhysaveryrb

rhysaveryrb New Member

Ah, thanks everyone! So it seems like the procedure is similar to resetting the oil change service in the ICE minis. My service isn't due until next July so I got plenty of time to wait but I was jut curious. Thanks again all!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Manny Fernandez

Manny Fernandez New Member

I recently changed out the brake pads to ceramic hoping to reduce brake dust. In the process I damaged the brake sensor in the rear. So now I get service required in 900 miles for brake pads. I thought I would be smart and purchased the BMW/Mini software for my FoxWell scanner. I could not find the service reset. So I turned to this forum and sure enough someone figured it out. They got the info from the BMW i3 forum. So I suspect these cars share a lot of electronics? Anyway I went out and sure enough it worked. My car is a 2023 Cooper SE. THANKS go to REXSIO a long time member.

The instructions:
    How to reset the Service Indicator on the i3?

1. Hit the on/off button without pressing the brake (should be in accessory mode)
    2. Press and hold the trip odo reset button for ~10 sec. The display will say "reset possible". The button is on the upper left hand side of the center display.
    3. Quick press the trip odo button to scroll through to whatever needs resetting
    4. Long press the trip odo button; it'll say something like "reset?" Long press again to confirm

14. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

If this is your 2023 SE you should not play to change a brake pads they last 100000 miles and you deal with brake dust is stupid idea to replace them with ceramic just wash wheels and leave with it don’t do enything with a car mechanically they electric cars need nothing to be worry just drive as fast you can and enjoy new experience as you need a brake sensor to replace is a part number .Ev are for dummies no maitinance and nothing to improve change a tires and beat a crub of it and go to dealer for any issues IMG_1424.jpeg

15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

You have 2 interval free of charge maitinance scheduled brake fluid change and cabin filter and all components checks and sleep well for four years EVs are main FREE

16. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that? Every other MINI I've owned has had 3 years of maintenance and 4 years of warranty.

SameGuy likes this.