Stuck accelerator

Discussion in 'Cybertruck' started by R P, Apr 17, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

upload_2024-4-17_17-40-40.png

ROTFLMAO!

I lived through the Toyota "unexpected acceleration" fiasco. It ended when the brake controller records revealed they were manually commanded. So I'll wait for a description from one of my trusted technical sources.

Bob Wilson

marshall likes this.
  3. bwilson4web

This was news to me: Shareholder voting against Musk

As the biggest retail shareholder in Tesla, Koguan says that he has been unable to get in touch with the board to communicate his concerns.

Koguan is not my financial advisor. So I'll still wait for the quarterly report on Tuesday. The election is still a ways off as is the appeal.

Bob Wilson

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Do you trust the New York Times as a source?
    Tesla Will Recall Cybertruck in Latest Setback

5. bwilson4web

I have direct experience with the nearly identical Toyota fiasco.

I had just taken possession of a new, 2010 Prius, when a recall came out about loose floor mats. Checking my car, not only was the driver side floor mat not locked down, there were no hold down clips.

Within 24 hours, I drove to the dealer and got the clips. I installed the clips to make sure it was done right. Because, I had read the Saylor fatal accident reports:

. . . its investigation into the Aug. 28, 2009 crash, the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department said an ill-fitting mat installed by the dealership . . . held the accelerator in the open position.

The 2009 Lexus ES350 accelerated out of control on northbound state Route 125 in East County and crashed into a riverbed. Killed in the accident were Saylor; his wife, Cleofe; their 13-year-old daughter, Mahala; and Saylor’s brother-in-law, Christopher Lastrella. All of them lived together in Chula Vista.

After the luxury car reached speeds of 120 mph, it crashed near where SR-125 meets Mission Gorge Road in Santee. Saylor was a seasoned officer with years of experience patrolling from behind a wheel.

My skepticism of the original report was born from the numerous false reports that Toyotas had a latent defect. But it turned out to be operator error. The few accelerator failures results in "limp home mode" at a maximum of 25 mph. The "New York Post" was a member of the yellow journalism, EEK EEK, crowd.

Bob Wilson

insightman likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.