What did you do to your MINI today?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SameGuy, Oct 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Météore is Chili Red like pictured in the article. I thought it would be noticeable as a bright red car, but apparently the silence of the SE makes it so stealthy nobody looks at it. I also have noticed the rapid regenerative braking helps me to get back to the posted speed limit so quickly that by the time I am noticed there's nothing unusual to see. ;)

Speed cameras were deemed illegal by the Minnesota Supreme Court, but there's a push underway to bring them back somehow.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Finally drove it after two weeks. Been in Florida lol

4. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

Drove from Seattle to Whistler. Fast charged twice, used a total of 205% to go 225 miles, almost perfectly matching the EPA range, with skis on the back and going up 2000ft!

Rogwp, insightman, MichaelC and 2 others like this.
  5. MrSnrub

Has anyone had “charging flap open” error messages? The last few days I’ve been randomly getting it even with the flap closed. I suspect a contact issue with the micro switch and already dread having to explain it to the SA at Mini

6. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I think it's come up before, IIRC it was a chafed wire issue.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Nav

Nav New Member

I don’t like the styling of the 2024 Mini Cooper SE JCW, so I converted my 2023 Mini SE L3 to JCW LCI2. The front end is completed. Waiting for the rear extended JCW wheel arch trims to arrive from Germany HQ (no UK stock apparently) and then the rear JCW bumper and rear spoiler will be fitted in a few weeks.

Removed all of the rear emblems, no sign that it’s an ICE or EV. I love the confused faces at the public chargers.

Also changed the OEM alloys from Tentacle spoke 500 to JCW gloss black light alloys. Both 17”.

[​IMG]

9. teddybare

teddybare Member

yep mine is booked in for next week..had the car for over two years and its the only thing ive had go wrong,i think its a common one because the service manager said it tends to be the sensor switch when we have done them before..
    oh and they want to do the 12 volt battery cover thing.

SameGuy likes this.
  10. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I just realized you changed the wheel arches which is why it looks so tall. Mini hides the 18mm higher ride height of the SE with the wheel arches so it looks particularly tall with the JCW arches.

It is time to get some coilovers.
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-suspension-techniques-parts/st-xa-performance-coilover-system-adjustable-damping-f56-mini-se/182200dp~st/

And if you keep those wheels, you'll need 20mm or at least 15mm wheel spacers.
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-20mm-wheel-spacer-kit-ecs-conical-seat-bolt-kit/002411ecskt15/

11. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

What did I do to my Mini today? I attached shiny clean new plates. Why? My state DMV, in their infinite wisdom, decreed that all plates of a certain (but unspecified) age should be replaced with new ones. And, of course, the new plates have new numbers. The back plate wasn't too bad to install (even if I knocked over the four screws and had to search for them on my rough driveway), but the front one had star screws (and one was missing). I have multiple packets of drivers in a multiple variety, but not this size. I am planning on a quick visit to my dealer tomorrow to see if they can attach the front plate more securely. After all, I've been a steady customer since they opened.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

Returned from Whistler yesterday. Efficiency was even better on the way back but charging was not fun, had issues at the BC hydro station I stopped at and then the next stop at Electrify America was even worse.

In August 2020 I took a 480 mile road trip and charged twice at 3 different Electrify America sites without issues. 3 years later I take a road trip of the same length and I can’t charge, due to broken equipment, at 2 out of the 3 EA sites on my route. It’s really disappointing that they’ve let their network fall to shambles and no one has filled the gap.

14. MrSnrub

I booked via the app and will drop it off. I checked via our online system and the part is in stock at the dealer and parts warehouse here in Canada so turn around time
    Should be quick. It’s around 138$ and tbh I thought about just buying it and DIY as I dread dealing with dealers. Can’t wait for a scratch to appear…

15. MrSnrub

I’m going to cover this in a future video. But companies like Circle K and On Route are starting to fill in those gaps
    IMG_8398.jpeg

16. SameGuy

YUL
    On Saturday, with temps in the 50s, no wind, and plenty of sun: full snow-foam and two-bucket wash, including wheel and tire cleaning. In mid-February. In a T-shirt.

MichaelC and insightman like this.
  17. MrSnrub

Got the car back today. They did the charge port assembly and software update. The front fender trim I’ll have done in spring for the leaking rust proofing.

They have a bunch of SEs in stock with 8k off and they offered a pretty solid offer for my ICE Mini…. So damn temping to get another.

18. SameGuy

YUL
    Software?

19. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Probably 3G sunset.

20. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

I've had the same thought...which is rather crazy since you can't drive both at once!

Maybe leave one totally stock and mount all-season tires, whereas go nuts with the other one with handling mods, and only drive it when the weather is nice and the potholes have been filled?

Or, if you regularly make a longer trip, have one permanently parked halfway and instead of stopping to charge (or do a battery swap), just trade cars?

First world problem!

ETA:

"Take two, they're small";)

SameGuy likes this.
  21. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

After the Roulez vert discount, it would be like $18,000USD for a used 2021 SE before trade-in. That leaves enough money for a BendPak AutoStacker.

benpaka6s.jpg

CuriousGeorge likes this.
  22. SameGuy

YUL
    On a '23?

23. SameGuy

YUL
    There are cheaper ways to get mowers and toy cars out of the way...

teslarati97 likes this.